Katherine Anne Confections, a Chicago-based confiserie which features the delicious creations of confectionista Katherine Duncan, is excited to celebrate its favorite holiday—Valentine’s Day! In addition to being the perfect place to get a special treat for loved ones with an array from truffles, caramels, marshmallows and drinking chocolate, Katherine Anne Confections has also planned a weekend of events for all to enjoy.
On Friday, February 12at 6:00 p.m., Katherine will be hosting a Truffle Making Party where attendees can make delicious treats to take home to their Valentine (or keep for themselves!), or a couple could enjoy doing this together. The confectionista opens her kitchen and recipe book as she demystifies the art of making truffles. To celebrate the month of love, Katherine will be focusing on all flavors tied to the heart (think strawberries, champagne & more!) Attendees will create classic hand-rolled truffles with the confectionista’s guidance and chill, scoop and roll truffles to completion. For more information, click here.
On February 14 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m., in addition to selling delicious confections, Katherine will be offering a special Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Flight for $38. The flight consists of six truffles, two fleur de sel caramels, two classic caramels, one marshmallow and three different flavors of mini hot chocolates topped with toasted marshmallows, plus a handwritten love note for couples to share.
In the evening of February 14, Katherine will be hosting a Valentine’s Day Chocolate Dinner featuring 8-courses of wine pairings from Candid Wines alongside two KAC confections per wine. Katherine and Damien Casten of Candid Wines will be walking guests through each pairing. In addition, Michelin-starred restaurant Table, Donkey and Stick will be providing its exemplary house-made charcuterie and cheese plates. Tickets are $65 per person and the full menu is here.
In addition, Katherine Anne Confections has created a special Valentine’s Day Sweets Collection featuring Valentine’s Day-flavored truffles, caramels and s’mores for $65. This collection is an exclusive selection of artisan truffles, caramels and marshmallows that has been specifically designed to celebrate the holiday. The Valentine’s Day flavors are below (warning: may cause intense chocolate cravings!)
- Passion Fruit Truffle: white chocolate + passion fruit + pink peppercorns.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Truffle: white chocolate, cream cheese, farmer’s market strawberries, graham streusel.
- Gold Rush Truffle: bittersweet chocolate, FEW bourbon whiskey, lemon, honey.
- Mocha Walnut Truffle: semisweet and milk chocolates, Ipsento coffee, candied walnuts.
- Orange Tarragon Sea Salt Caramel: tarragon-infused honey caramel dipped in bittersweet chocolate with a candied kumquat garnish.
- Valentine's S'more: graham, mascarpone, honey and rosemary ganache, torched vanilla/orange marshmallow, bittersweet chocolate, pink sea salt.
- Cherry Earl Grey Sea Salt Caramel: earl grey-infused caramel + bittersweet chocolate + dried cherry + smoked sea salt.
- Pink Peppercorn & Rose Sea Salt Caramel: pink peppercorn caramel dipped in bittersweet chocolate with a sun-dried rose petal garnish.