This President’s Day, Milktooth teams up with Dove’s Luncheonette in Chicago to throw a day-long brunch takeover at the Wicker Park neighborhood spot. Inspired by both restaurants' regional takes on comfort food, Milktooth's Executive Chef Jonathan Brooks is partnering with Dove’s Luncheonette's Chef de Cuisine Tom Carlin to craft an all-day menu of Midwestern-inspired brunch dishes.
Starting at 9 a.m., guests can try an abbreviated selection of Milktooth classics including:
- Breakfast miso soup with pickled kombu and beech mushrooms
- Yucca latkes with acorn squash jam and pickled melon rind
- Pan-griddled waffles with parmesan and honey
- Beef tongue and ham hock feijoada hash with cassava, kale and oranges
- Shareable porrons of roasted melon mimosas with mezcal
In the evening, Brooks and Carlin will supplement the morning menu with some larger, collaborative items like:
- Seared sustainable Bluefin Tuna Sandwich on Texas toast with garlic aioli, chimichurri, egg and potato chips
- Bacon-wrapped rabbit hot dog with Southern-inspired Mexican garnishes
- Coffee-roasted rutabaga served with goat butter and bitter chocolate
- House morcilla sausage and foie gras with bleu cheese, almonds and pears
- Twice-cooked scallop with dashi brown butter with sushi rice, pine nuts and lacto kohlrabi
“I've always felt Dove’s had a certain sibling sensibility with Milktooth — we mutually share a love of superb local ingredients from The Midwest paired with nostalgia. I’m beyond honored to cook alongside Tom, preview what my new restaurant, Beholder, is doing and bring some of my own Midwestern flavors with Chicago."
Dove’s Luncheonette’s Milktooth Takeover will take place on Monday, February 18th from 9 a.m. — 9 p.m. The event is open to the public, with space offered on a first come, first serve basis. Note, menu items subject to change based on market availability.