Wynwood – a Miami-inspired bar and restaurant located in the heart of Wicker Park – is now open full-time to the public in the former High Noon Saloon space at 1560 N Milwaukee Ave.
The Wynwood Walls in Miami is an outdoor museum showcasing large-scale works by street artists. And the surrounding streets have converted warehouses housing cocktail dens, restaurants, craft breweries, and funky art galleries.
Wynwood in Chicago channels all of those Wynwood in Miami vibes and more in its 5,000 square foot space that features 15 bar seats, an additional 50 seats inside, and 15 seats on its sidewalk café.
Local artist Fidel Rodriguez of Artspace 8 has painted the entire space in the vein of Miami’s Wynwood graffiti glam-style. Bright pink upholstered couches, vintage mirrors, cheeky neon, seven HD flatscreen TVs, and a DJ booth round out the space.
Wynwood’s owner is Samantha Lukaszewski who is a former bartender with 15 years of experience in the Chicago bar and club industry. Immediately prior to opening Wynwood, Lukaszewski was a branding and marketing exec at Diageo whose portfolio includes liquor brands.
WYNWOOD BEVERAGE PROGRAM
Wynwood's beverage program features a new pumpkin spice frozen slushy dubbed “Spice O’ Life” that’s made with dark rum, Tattersall Orange Crema, Tattersall Italiano, oat milk, and pumpkin-spiced syrup that’s garnished with a pumpkin spice cookie straw.
Wynwood also has two other frozen cocktails. They are:
- “Cuban Pete” which is a mojito riff made with Bacardi white rum, Tattersall Lime Crema, mint simple, and lime
- “Endless Summer” which is frozen rosé made with rosé wine, elderflower liqueur, peach schnapps, and Tropical Red Bull
Wynwood sports craft 12 cocktails in all (including the three frozen ones). Non-frozen craft cocktails include:
* Hello Beautiful ~ Empress Gin, Grapefruit, Fever Tree Aromatic Tonic
* Wynwood Old Fashioned ~ Maker’s 46 Bourbon, Tattersall Sour Cherry, and Orange
* Doves & Devils ~ Lunazul Tequila, Tattersall Grapefruit, Ginger, and Sour
* The Whitney (Large-Format Served In A Copper Swan) ~ Absolut Elyx Vodka, Pink Lemonade, and Lemon topped with Prosecco
Wynwood also has four “zero proof” cocktails, eight wines available the glass; still rosé wine available in 40oz bottles; 24 domestic and craft beers on tap and in bottles and cans; shot combos, and a robust rum and liquor selection.
WYNWOOD HAPPY HOUR
Wynwood’s happy hour runs 4pm to 6pm Tuesday thru Friday. The happy hour specials are:
- $4 arepas
- $4 Lagunitas IPA drafts
- $6 seasonal craft drafts
- $6 red, white and pink wines by the glass
WYNWOOD DINNER MENU
Wynwood’s dinner menu is inspired by Miami’s fusion of Cuban, South American, and Central American flavors. There are 12 entrée sized menu items and four sides. Food menu highlights include:
- A traditional Cuban sandwich
- daily rotating empanadas
- Chicken tinga and poblano rajas arepas
- Wynwood Burger ~ Two 4oz Brisket & Chuck Patties, Bacon, Pepper Jelly, Arugula, and Crispy Onions
- Patatas Bravas with Piquillo Aioli, Parmesan, and Scallions
- Yucca Chips with Avocado Crème Fraiche
WYNWOOD WEEKEND BRUNCH MENU
Wynwood’s weekend brunch runs from 11am to 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays that features 12 main menu items and seven sides. Brunch highlights include:
- Avocado Toast ~ Heirloom Tomatoes and Quail Egg
- Breakfast Sandwich ~ Scrambled Eggs, Cheddar Cheese, Arugula, Pickled Fresno Chiles
- Yogurt Parfait ~ Spiced Granola and Seasonal Fruit