As the weather turns colder with each passing day, we Chicagoans need a little something to keep us warm. Look no further than these city and suburban spots to warm up your soul and your belly this winter!
Cleo's Southern Cuisine
A traditional dessert gets a seasonal twist with the Pumpkin Spiced Bread Pudding ($9.95) featuring Cleo's signature bread pudding with a special holiday spice.
Two favorites come together in a 100% vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake ($11)! The cashew-based cheesecake features a housemade gluten-free graham cracker crust, pumpkin puree, whipped cream, and sea salt caramel.
The PSL gets an upgrade with the Smashing Pumpkin ($14). A housemade pumpkin spice coffee vodka is paired with coffee liqueur, Bailey's, and Aquafaba for a fall drink.
Virtue Restaurant + Bar
Every day is pie day with Virtue's We Finally Got a Piece of the Pie ($11), a sweet potato pie with whipped cream. Chef Becky Pendola roasts the sweet potatoes so the sugars begin to caramelize and purees until silky.
When was the last time you had a yammin' good cocktail? Our puns might need some work but Virtue's cocktail game doesn't. The Yammin' ($13) features rum, yams, lime, and maple syrup.
Mustard Seed Kitchen
Mustard Seed Kitchen (49 East Cermak Road) is a new American Takeout concept created by James Beard-nominated Chef Erick Williams of Virtue Restaurant. The restaurant is takeout only and focuses on everyday eats that are approachable and affordable. Bring home the best of Mustard Seed Kitchen's comforting items for a cold night including:
- Chicken Alfredo ($16.99): featuring spaghetti cooked with broccoli and English peas, topped with Parmesan cheese, and served with a creamy alfredo sauce and garlic bread.
- Chicken Gumbo ($7.99): with Cajun chicken, Andouille sausage, and gold rice.
- Creamy Tomato Soup ($5.99): with basil oil and croutons. Pair it with Garlic Bread and dip to your heart's content.
- Fried Chicken Sandwich ($11.99): fried chicken thigh sandwich topped with lettuce, pickles, and seasoned mayo served on a Brioche bun.
- Say Cheese ($13.00): nothing beats a good ol' cheeseburger on a cold night! This particular number is a double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, and seasoned mayo.
Mustard Seed Kitchen is open Monday - Saturday from 11am - 8pm (closed on Sundays!). For the full menu and to place an order, visit https://mustardseedkitchenchic...
Bar Goa mixologist, Allie Kim, embraces the cold while keeping the influences of India and the beach-y vibes of the coastal town of Goa. For $15 each, guests can enjoy the following seasonal cocktails:
- Shimmering Sands Illegal Mezcal, Apricot Liqueur, Pickled Lime Cordial, Pineapple
- Midnight Mass in Panjim Tanteo Navidad, Giffard Pamplemousse, Garden Party Basil, Lime
- Sur La Mer (Hot Cocktail) Brugal Anejo, Amass Vodka, Coconut, Lime, Nutmeg
Time Out Market Chicago
Beverage Director Jonathan Kahn keeps it fun with his ingredients and festive cocktail names at this West Loop food hall.
- Oaxaca in A Winter Wonderland Uruapan Charanda Rhum, Pomegranate Amaro, Appel's Cardamom Syrup, Bolivar & Angostura Bitters, Lime
- White Spritzmas Trakal, Genepy de Alpes, Rosemary Infused Riesling, Mediterranean Tonic, Silver Glitter Dust
- Not My Gumdrop Buttons! DCD Blue Line Gin, Spiced Pear Liqueur, Gingerbread Rooibos Tea Infused Falernum, Rhine Hall La Normande Pommeau, Lemon
- Fa La La Llama Catan Pisco, Appel's Vanilla Cola Syrup, La Fuerza Blanco Vermouth, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters