Happenings before Tuesday, February 14:
Start off the Valentine's weekend with your significant other this Friday, February 10th at the Phil Stefani-owned Tuscany in Oak Brook and Wheeling. Enjoy a pre-Valentine's dinner that includes signature Tuscany dishes and Italian specialties, as well as select bottles of wine for only $2.14. You must order an appetizer and two entrees from the regular dinner menu in order to get the deal.
Call for reservations:
- Oak Brook: 630-990-1993
- Wheeling: 847-465-9988
You can take advantage of this romantic Valentine's Day dinner on February 9th, 10th and 14th. Tuscany on Taylor will have a hand crafted three-course prix fixe menu available from their Executive Chef, Victorio Padilla.
VALENTINE'S DAY PRIX FIXE MENU
First Course (choose one to share)
- Burratina (Buttery mozzarella, tomato cruda, grilled baguette)
- Capesante (Bacon wrapped scallops, peas, corn, parsley vinaigrette)
- Gamberetti (Shrimp, herb butter bread crumbs, black taglierini pasta)
Second Course (choice of two entrees)
- Pollo (Airline chicken filled with fresh mozzarella, spinach and pine nuts, caramelized shallot, served with mashed potatoes)
- Pappardelle con Aragosta (Saffron homemade flat noodle, lobster, asparagus, crab meat, tomato cream sauce)
- Bistecca al Burro Tartufato(Bone-in New York Filet, truffle butter, fingerling potatoes, artichoke, merlot demi)
Third Course (choose one to share)
- Torta di Lava (Warm chocolate lava cake, vanilla gelato, caramel creme anglaise)
- Crostata al Cioccolato (White and dark chocolate mousse, fresh berries)
Additional specials include Raviolacci (ravioli filled with ricotta, spinach, speck, prosciutto, parmigiano, thyme, sage; $20), Costolette D'Agnello (grilled lamb loin and vegetables, roasted potatoes, vesuvio sauce; $38), and Salmone (pan roasted Scottish salmon, artichokes, bell peppers, olives, sunchoke sauce; $38). All items will also be available a la carte and range in price from $9 to $34.
The best part about Kanela is that they have 5 locations spread throughout Chicago so finding one shouldn't be hard! Starting February 11th through February 17th, you can enjoy a fruity Valentine's Belgian Waffle with your partner in crime. It's topped with blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, warm raspberry jam and whipped cream for $12.49. They are located in the following neighborhoods: Andersonville, Lakeview, Old Town, Streeterville and Wicker Park.
Happenings on Tuesday, February 14:
If you're feeling like Indian this Tuesday, Hakka Bakka has a great buy-one-get-one free entree deal. Choose between any Kati roll, rice bowl or salad bowl, one for yourself and one for your date. As a sweet treat, Hakka Bakka also has BOGO Mango Lassi smoothies, a smooth blend of mango and yogurt made fresh in-house every day for $3.25. Both specials will be available during lunch and dinner (dine-in only).
This Lincoln Park neighborhood bar combines the very best of music and spirits and they are hosting an "alOveOne" themed evening on Valentine's Day. Specials include $3 Bells's Two Hearted drafts and $3 flutes of champagne. aliveOne is going to be decked out in Valentine's Day decorations in celebration of all the couples that have met at the bar over the past 20 years.
Let Kizuki handle your Valentine's Day planning and shopping this year! They are offering guests a choice of two dinner packages along with an option to buy a white rose bouquet and a Japanese chocolate set for $60. The chocolate set is imported from Hokkaido, Japan and features Japanese strawberry chocolate with whole dried strawberry coated in white chocolate. This must be purchased by Friday, February 10!
There are two seatings at 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. The two packages offered include an appetizer, entree and dessert. Appetizer choices will include Tempura, Wakame Salad, Chicken Karaage, Pork Gyoza, or Aji Tempura. Entree choices include any of Kizuki's ramen or rice dishes. For tickets, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kizuki-white-valentines-day-tickets-31242005680.
Premium Dinner Package ($65 per person)
- This package includes a glass of champagne paired with an appetizer, a sake sampler paired with choice of entree, and a glass of dessert wine paired with a special Coy Tofu dessert.
Regular Dinner Package ($30 per person)
- This package includes choice of one appetizer, one entree and Kizuki's signature Almond Tofu dessert.