Utopian Tailgate, Old Town’s indoor/outdoor rooftop tailgate, bar and restaurant, is transforming its outdoor area into “Camp Utopia'' this winter, offering five themed experiences within giant heated tents for Chicagoans looking to escape the cold and find adventure. Located at 1608 N Wells St above comedy enclave The Second City, the rooftop bar from The Fifty/50 Group is debuted Camp Utopia on Friday, January 14, with reservations now available through Eventbrite for groups to book a two hour time slot.
Each private tent is fully decorated and can accommodate 6 to 10 guests. Guests can choose from five immersive themes offering elements from featured sponsors:
- Area 312 (presented by White Claw): Blow-up UFOs, spaceship-esque seating (complete with a prop control center), trippy lighting adorn the “sky”, holographic elements
- Utopian Jungle (presented by Casamigos Tequila): Blow-up wildlife, head-to-toe artificial plants + flowers, gold throne, tropical feel
- Ski Lodge (presented by Jack Daniel’s): Snowy/mountainous scenery, snowflakes hanging from ceiling, fake fireplace, large stuffed moose, shotski
- College Tailgate (presented by Molson Coors): Bleacher seats, stadium crowd scenery, Chicago sports memorabilia, beer pong tables, mini drinking games
- Vegas (presented by Absolut Elyx): Dice Wheel game, sparkly curtain all over tent, Vegas sign, card games
Once inside the tents, guests have the option to order food and drink, including specialty drink offerings to match each theme. The exclusive drink menu contains two drinks from each tent sponsor, including:
- The Clawww (large format: White Claw Black Cherry, Tequila, Grapefruit, Peach, Lime) from White Claw
- Te-Clooney Cup (Casamigos Blanco, Lychee, Lemon, Citrus Soda) from Casamigos Tequila
- Case of the Mondays (Miller High Life, Miller Lite Briefcase -18 pack-) from Molson Coors
- Jack and Jingle (Jack Daniel’s #7, Blackberry, Lemon, All Spice) from Jack Daniel’s
- Vegas Bomb (Jameson, Peach, Cranberry, Red Bull) from Absolut Elyx
To complete the experience, guests will receive themed giveaways to take home with them courtesy of the featured sponsors, continuing the adventure even after leaving the rooftop.
“Utopian Tailgate has always been more than just a bar or restaurant - we view our rooftop as a curated space and experience for our guests to take part in some good old-fashioned fun,” said Greg Mohr, co-owner of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group. “While we love the Windy City year-round, we also know that the cold winter can make it difficult for Chicagoans to find new ways to engage and explore with each other. By transforming one of the city’s iconic summer social destinations into Camp Utopia, we’re excited to provide Chicagoans with five new unique and unforgettable adventures, all in the heart of the city.”
“Camp Utopia” is open to the public Fridays from 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 am, Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. and Sundays from 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. beginning Friday, January 14 and will run through early March.
To make reservations via Eventbrite.