To celebrate ten years of Chicago Gourmet, this year’s epicurean celebration will showcase ten ancillary events – seven new and three returning favorites – in addition to the Main Event and Grand Cru, September 23-24.
Attendees of the eXtraordinary chefs – eXtraordinary places series will mingle with the country’s finest chefs as they host one-of-a-kind dinners, tastings and cocktail parties at iconic, select Chicago locales. The lineup includes chefs who have championed Chicago Gourmet since year one; new, emerging talent to watch; and both homegrown and national celebrity chefs who have become synonymous with the Chicago Gourmet experience.
Ticket sales for select events will open June 22, with additional on-sale dates to be announced later this summer for the remaining events.
Tickets go on sale Thursday, June 22 at 10 a.m. for:
1) September 19, 6-8 p.m.: Cocktails on The Crown ($50/person) – Grab your pals and marvel at the sunset and skyline views as you sip on custom cocktails crafted by Chicago mixologists on the 25th floor of the stunning Tribune Tower. This event is produced in partnership with the James Beard Foundation’s Greens program, which curates events for foodies under 40. Greens members receive a discount on ticket pricing.
2) September 20, 7-10 p.m.: Daring Design Dinner at the Robie House ($225/person) – Gain exclusive access to the famed Frank Lloyd Wright’s treasured Robie House in Hyde Park, and indulge in a multi-course meal prepared by all-star chefs Matthias Merges (Yusho, A10, Billy Sunday) and Carrie Nahabedian (NAHA, Brindille). Constellation Brands will pour from the Robert Mondavi Reserve collection.
3) September 23, 7:30-10 p.m.: Japanese Dinner Under the Stars on the Pritzker Pavilion Stage ($250/person) – Dine under the stars on Millennium Park’s main stage, designed by architect Frank Gehry. Ivan Orkin (Ivan Ramen, Chef’s Table), Chicago’s own Takashi Yagihashi, and international star Naoyuki Yanagihara (Vice President of Yanagihara School of Traditional Japanese Cuisine) create a multi-course Japanese dinner. Guests will enjoy matched selections from Suntory Toki whiskey and Joto Sake.
4) September 23, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.: Sweets & Beats: After Hours Dance Party on the Willis Tower Skydeck ($85/person) –Host chef Mindy Segal (Mindy’s HotChocolate) teams up with Chicago’s “first ladies of pastry” to throw a party featuring custom dessert bites, cocktails and more as guests dance the night away to a live DJ. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to experience the 103rd floor through the thrill of The Ledge after dark.
5) September 24, 8:30-10:45 a.m. or 10:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Rise & Shine Gourmet at the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel ($40/person) – Presented by UnitedHealthcare, start your Sunday with a professionally guided, yoga session at a landmark property. First opened in 1893, the Chicago Athletic Association was painstakingly restored into a 21st century boutique hotel. Following each yoga session, guests can feed their soul (and their belly) with brunch bites and morning cocktails.
Tickets will be available at www.chicagogourmet.org.