The Lunchbox, a new pint-sized, grab-and-go concept from modern, all-day café mainstay The Lunchroom at SPACE 519 has debuted in the Gold Coast. The Lunchbox serves a curated, rotating selection of classic sandwiches, salads, and entrées, along with pastries, coffee and wine for takeaway and delivery (via ChowNow, Postmates and DoorDash).
The entire menu from The Lunchroom, which focuses on California-inspired items, is also available to order for take away or dining al fresco on the restaurant’s 24-seat, dog-friendly, European-style patio on Chestnut Street. The Lunchbox’s signature classics include:
- Bari’s Italian, made with Tavern Ham, provolone, tomato, spicy giardiniera and mayo on ciabiatta
- Miss Lucie’s Pimento Spread (Co-Owner Lance Lawson’s mom’s own recipe)
- The POSH Breakfast Sandwich with organic egg, avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese and croissant
- A Pasta Pie with spaghetti and Parmesan crust, Italian sausage and fennel Marina filling topped with organic mozzarella
- Corn Flake Chicken Milanese, a baked Amish chicken breast pounded thin and baked with cornflake buttermilk crust
Locally sourced bread and sweets from North Side bakery pHlour, Metric Coffee and a curated selection of grab-n-go wines by the bottle, priced from $20-$36, are also available, for pairing with a mix-and-matched selection of the above to create an entire meal to-go from The Lunchbox.
The Lunchbox is open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., closed Sundays.