The Bibliophile, Hyde Park’s bar-restaurant and bookstore, is set to launch afternoon tea service and lunch starting Monday, July 29.
Afternoon Tea Service
“We’re always trying to bring unique experiences to Hyde Park customers, and afternoon tea featuring a variety of quality teas and classic bites, engrains seamlessly into our already unique atmosphere and stellar food and beverage program,” says co-owner Bibliophile Michael Scott Carter. “We’re not trying to compete with other afternoon tea destinations in the city, we’re simply bringing after tea service to the south-side, which to our knowledge, as never been done before; and we’re thrilled to be the first restaurant to do so in Hyde Park.”
The Bibliophile’s afternoon tea service costs a $40 per-person, and features Rare Tea Cellar tea selections and a rotating menu of pastries, savory bites and fresh fruit-based desserts, including:
- Three layers of almond sponge cake filled with fresh mascarpone cream, decorated with fresh berries
- Crustless vegetarian quiche made with seasonal vegetables
- Three savory, stuffed rolls - spicy roasted red peppers, spinach & feta cheese, ham & cheese
- Passionfruit curd tartlet topped with fresh berries, or mascarpone cream tartlet with pistachios and strawberries
In addition to the traditional tea service menu, the Bibliophile will have separate menu offerings of their alcohol-infused desserts, including its midsummer dessert, an alcohol-infused ice cream sandwich. The alcohol-infused dessert menu will be available for both afternoon tea and lunch service.
The Bibliophile is providing light lunch options featuring fresh, seasonal rotating dishes like:
- Charcuterie or Fromage Du Jour, served with Fresh Baguettes
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata Cheese, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grilled Bread
- Seared Faroe Island Salmon on Spinach, Tzatziki Sauce, Tomato Salad
- Open Face Smashed Avocado, Radishes, Red Onion, Chili Flake, Lime Juice, Arugula on Toasted Fabiana’s Baguette
Lunch and afternoon tea services are available seven-days-per-week, from Noon to 4:00 p.m.
In addition to afternoon tea and lunch offerings, The Bibliophile will be launching brunch on Saturday, August 3. Hours and menu details will be available in the coming days.