The Bedford formally deposits five years of supper club-inspired socializing into its reclaimed bank location. The neighborhood spot marks its five-year anniversary starting May 17th with a refreshed food and beverage menu, exterior enhancements, and a five-day campaign that culminates with a signature supper club experience. Housed in a historical 1920s landmark building originally home to The Home Bank & Trust, The Bedford pays homage to past and present.
The Wicker Park restaurant will offer new options for the season Keeping favorites, such as the Beef Short Rib (celery root risotto, honey jus, citrus) and Grilled Octopus (spicy shrimp sauce, black garlic aioli, arugula, and pickled shallots) created by Michelin award-winning Executive Chef Mike Galen, the menu will also feature fresh takes inspired by the summer season. From Ahi Tuna Poke (sushi grade tuna, sesame seeds, gochugaru flakes, cucumber, seaweed, chives, served with tarro chips with black sea salt) to Pork Sugo (housemade cavatelli, calabrian chili peppers, arugula walnut pesto, and chicharron crumbs) these dishes bring fresh flavors to The Bedford’s menu. Topped off by a new selection of curated cocktails, including Summer Sangria (Chardonnay, gin, lemon, pineapple, peach and strawberry puree, garnished with summer fruit).
The Bedford will kick off its fifth anniversary on Tuesday, May 17th with five days of offerings that offer patrons a special supper club experience. From anniversary burger and beer pairings to a masquerade bash, guests can stop in for a drink or bite, and end up staying for a full meal, music, and more:
- Tuesday, May 17th- Anniversary Burgers & Beers: Anniversary burger and beer pairings with Windy City Patty Wagon. Enjoy a special burger, crafted in honor of The Bedford’s five-year anniversary. Paired with a choice of new beer offerings, including Pranqster (Belgium style Golden Ale) and Vandermill Blue Gold (Semi Sweet Cider blended with Blueberries) for just $14, it’s the perfect Tuesday treat. Stay after your meal for some laughs with a special edition of Vault Comedy featuring comedians Dave Sartoris, Matty Ryan, Felonious Munk and Adam Burke.
- Wednesday, May 18th- Live From The Vault: Join the Brooke Reams Trio for a memorable installation of “Live from the Vault” from 8pm to 10pm, while sipping on classic cocktails made tableside. Keep your seat and enjoy The Bedford’s anniversary bar cart service, which will be available for two nights only.
- Thursday, May 19th-Bubbles & Oysters with a Side of Pearls: The Bedford’s ever popular “Bubbles and Oysters” Thursdays will get a little sweeter with a special prize to the guest that finds the pearl on their plate, in addition to ½ priced champagne and one dollar oysters.
- Friday, May 20th -Golden Age Anniversary Masquerade: Guests will be transported back to the golden era of supper clubs with a night full of food, drink, and entertainment. The updated menu will be debuted as The Bedford brings guests the full supper club experience. Stay all night and grab a mask for a masquerade-inspired evening of dancing, throwing it back to years past with entertainment from The Right Now from 10pm to 1am.
- Saturday, May 21st- Cocktail Party in the Vault: It’s all about the cocktails. Stop into The Bedford for a Cocktail Party in the Vault. Highlighting The Bedford’s new cocktail additions, cocktails will be served at your table with the last night of The Bedford’s bar cart service. Get comfy and stay for DJ Sye Young and DJ Ryan Ross, who will be spinning in the vault from 10:30pm til late night.