From tiki pumpkin cocktails to baseball inspired drinks, Staytion Market & Bar has announced its fall lineup of weekly mixology classes for September and October. Incorporating key elements of the fall season, these classes are held every Thursday from 5-7pm. Please see below for the September and October schedule:
- Windy City Wine Fest September 6 – Going beyond the sangria to incorporate your favorite wine into the perfect cocktail
- Do You Lychee? September 13 – Utilizing the lychee fruit in cocktails as flavorful syrups to tasty garnishes
- Take Me Out to the Crosstown September 20 – Cubs vs. Sox rivalry inspired cocktails
- Strawberry Dreamin’ September 27 – Creating an upgrade to the Strawberry Daiquiri with barrel aged rums and strawberry tinctures
- Pomegranate What? October 4 – Creating your own grenadine with pomegranate and acai
- Tea Time October 11 – John Daley style infused cocktails
- Tini Award Winning October 18 – Crafting the perfect martini for your pallet
- Tiki Pumpkin October 25 – Tiki inspired pumpkin cocktails and punch with homemade orgeat (a syrup made from almonds, sugar, rose water or orange flower water) and ube (a sweet purple yam)
Please see below for the rest of the August lineup:
Celebrate the Neighborhood Events:
· BBQ 101 (Tuesday, August 21 from 5PM – 7PM) Chef Emery is sharing his secret sauce. This BBQ 101 course at Staytion’s mixology station will give you tips and skills needed with all local ingredients. Recipe cards will be available for all graduates.
· Jazz Classics (Thursday, August 30 from 5 PM-7PM) A Windy City tradition, Chicago Jazz Fest is known for its artistic creativity. Choosing a sip to match the music is an art of its own, but Staytion’s mixologist Kevin has the answers. Join him for a mixology class of classic cocktails perfect for sipping to some soulful jazzy beats.
· Wizard World August 23 - Sips inspired by your favorite Comic book heroes.
· Jazz Classics August 30 - Classic cocktails for sipping to some soulful jazz beats.