As summer in Chicago officially begins, wine lovers and those who enjoy refreshing summer beverages are in luck because this is rosé season! The experts at Zymology Wine Collective, Chicago’s boutique wine distribution company, share their top rosé picks for summertime sipping! From sparkling and fruity to dry and flowery, there is a rosé for all imbibers including:
- Trisaetum 2014 Rosé of Pinot Noir - Highly limited and only available now at City Winery as an exclusive, this rosé is a beautiful, coppery-salmon color loaded with scents of fresh raspberries and honeysuckle. Imbibers find notes of strawberries, oranges and cream on the palate with lively acidity for balance.
- AIX Rosé 2014 – This award-winning rosé is the top blend of Maison Saint Aix. Featuring Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault this blend is a great complement to light salads, grilled fish and Asian cuisine. Consumers can sip on this at City Winery and Bascule.
- Jean Max Roger 2014 Sancerre Rosé Cuvee - Direct pressing of Pinot Noir grapes give this wine a salmon pink color, along with lightness and freshness. Red currant and strawberry are some of the common aromas of this wine making it a perfect match for Indian and Asian cuisine, especially sushi, deli meats and smoked salmon. Wine lovers can find this wine at Rittergut.
- Palisade 2014 – The vibrant pink French rosé has notes of wild flowers, candied fruit, and strawberries. This 100% merlot is recommended as the perfect accompaniment to seafood dishes or as an aperitif.
- Charles Ellner Rosé Champagne – Available exclusively at Acadia and awarded 90 points by Wine Spectator, this Chardonnay – Pinot Noir blend is a very pleasant Champagne that serves as the ideal aperitif or fruity dessert wine.
As the summer months heat up, Zymology Wine Collective is proud to offer high-quality, unique wines for consumers and clients. For more information about Zymology Wine Collective and its spring and summer portfolio offerings, please visit www.zymologywinecollective.com.