Frozen Summer Treats at Amy’s Candy Bar – All Summer Long!
Where: Amy's Candy Bar | 4704 North Damen Avenue
Looking for a sweet treat to cool you down this summer? Amy’s Candy Bar will have homemade ice cream sandwiches and frozen treats available all summer long.
Ice Cream Sandwich Flavors include:
- Birthday Cake: birthday cake ice cream sandwiched between homemade sugar cookies
- Fudgy Brownie: old-fashioned vanilla ice cream sandwiched between Amy’s fudgy brownie
- Yippee Skippee: peanut butter ice cream with a salted caramel swirl, brownie bits and chocolate pretzels all sandwiched between Amy’s homemade chocolate chip cookies
- Ginger Lemon: lemon meringue ice cream sandwiched between Amy’s homemade ginger molasses cookies
Additional Frozen Treats made by Zarlengo include:
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- Italian Ice Pops
- Gelato Bars
Tuscan Hen Pastaria Grand Opening – Ongoing
Where: Tuscan Hen Market | 4019 North Damen
Tuscan Hen Pastaria will provide dinner service as an off shoot of their Italian market. They’re starting dinner service so their customers can enjoy the patio as well as handmade fresh pastas and entrees. Dinner is available Wednesdays through Saturdays from 5pm – 9pm.
Prohibition Era Cocktails Class at KOVAL – Thursday, August 8th at 7pm
Where: KOVAL Distillery | 5121 North Ravenswood Avenue
Try your hand at making classic 1920’s cocktails, such as the Sidecar or Last Word, while learning about KOVAL’s place in the Prohibition Era. From the hip to the esoteric, you’ll leave with a new set of techniques and knowledge whether you’re a beginner or scholar of the craft. The class is $40. For more information and to reserve your spot, more info is available here.
Hambingo Fundraiser at Hamburger Mary’s Benefitting Awakenings Wednesday, August 14th from 7pm – 9pm
Where: Hamburger Mary’s | 5400 North Clark Street
Join Awakenings for a night of Drag Queen Bingo, Raffles and Prizes at Hamburger Mary’s! All proceeds will go to the Awakenings Foundation to promote art healing for Chicago’s survivors of sexual violence.
Begyle Trivia Night – Thursday, August 29th at 7pm
Where: Begyle Brewing Company | 1800 West Cuyler Avenue
The last Thursday of every month is Begyle Trivia Night. They'll put the deep reaches of your brain to the test – with 5 rounds of questions. Play alone or form a team up to 6 – the top three scores win great Begyle prizes. Trivia starts promptly at 7pm, hosted in the second-floor event space. Bring your team, bring some food, and bring your A-game for Trivia Night @ Begyle.
Ravenswood Farmer's Market
Shop and eat local at this year’s Ravenswood Farmers Market! Taking place on Wednesdays, the open-air market provides a place for patrons to purchase fresh, local food while connecting with farmers and food producers. The market is located at 4900 N. Damen Avenue and goes through October 16.
In addition to a variety of vendors, the farmers market features live music every week, plus a bouncy castle (weather permitting), sensory bins and playground for the little ones (opens at 6pm). Pet parents can also participate with their furbabies. The market is dog-friendly featuring on-site water bowls to keep the pups hydrated.
- Benton Harbor Fruit & Bee Company
- Butterclaw Brands (lobster rolls)
- Chicago Marshmallow
- Domaci Bakery
- Eight Hands LLC (soap)
- Elsie Mae’s Canning & Pies
- Empanada Bike
- Higher Healing (hemp products)
- Hilary’s Cookies
- Kernel Dan’s Kettle Corn
- La Boulangerie
- Nathan St. Martin (vegan comfort food)
- Patyk Farms CSA & Greenhouse
- Percolator Coffee
- Red Apple (Polish & European dishes)
- Rogers Park Montessori
- Savour the Dates (little pizzas)
- Tamales Express
- Waste Not Compost
August 2019 Musician, Food Truck & Event Schedule:
- Musicians: Tommy Carroll from 4pm - 6pm; Michelle Perry from 6pm - 8pm
- Food Trucks: Anna A Sweets Girl and The Fat Shallot
- Activities: Milk Tie Dye, Transformers, and Stamping with Lettuce
- Musicians: Teel Short from 4pm - 8pm
- Food Trucks: Beaver Donuts and Five Square Pizza & Bakery
- Activities: Baking Soda Rockets, Vintage Precious Places, and Stamping with Celery
- Musicians: Bubble Show with Scott Ingerson from 4pm - 6pm; Anna Ingerson from 6pm - 8pm
- Food Trucks: Mediterranean Express and Anna A Sweets Girl
- Activities: Balloon Animals from 4pm - 5pm, Marble Maze, Hammer & Nail Project, Vintage Strawberry Shortcake, and Stamping with Oranges
- Musicians: Javier Payano from 4pm - 6pm; Ewa Sarota-Raczek from 6pm - 8pm
- Food Trucks: Piko Kitchen and Stans Donuts
- Activities: Blowing up Balloons with Baking Soda, Vintage Spirograph and Fashion Plates, and Stamping with Beets
- Musicians: Tommy Carroll from 4pm - 6pm; Greenleaf Band from 6pm - 8pm
- Food Trucks: Chicago Pizza Boss and Anna A Sweets Girl
- Activities: Water Xylophone, Vintage Micro Machines, and Stamping with Coli-flour
Full calendar of events through October available at: http://ravenswoodchicago.org/f...
The Ravenswood Farmers Market is held every Wednesday from 4pm - 8pm at 4900 North Damen Avenue. The Ravenswood Farmers Market is a joint effort from the Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce, Ravenswood Evangelical Covenant Church, and Ravenswood Community Council.