Join the Ravenswood community for a tour of arts & industry at the 19th Annual Ravenswood ArtWalk on Saturday, September 11 and Sunday, September 12. The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce (GRCC) partners with the historic Ravenswood Industrial Corridor for a weekend that showcases the hub of artisans, manufacturers, and brewers.
“We are very excited to be back with our first festival since 2019,” says Gene Wagendorf III, GRCC associate director. “We have been supporting local businesses the best that we can during the past year, but it feels great to be able to invite the community back to a long-standing neighborhood favorite.”
Keeping in mind the ongoing pandemic, the 2021 event will be a more stripped-down version putting the focus on participating artists and businesses – much like it was in its first few years.
“Keeping everyone safe is our top priority,” says Wagendorf III. “Redirecting our focus back to what the original ArtWalk was about – the artists and local businesses – it’ll be much easier for us to control crowds and maintain social distancing among attendees.”
ArtWalk runs from 11am – 6pm both days along Ravenswood Avenue between Lawrence & Waveland Avenues. Attendees will have the chance to connect with artisans of all kinds including painters, jewelers, brewers, teachers, architects, dancers, potters, photographers, musicians, and more. Live performances and interactive activities will be held throughout the weekend by Ginny Sykes of Spacca Napoli, Movement Republic, and The Hive.
A few highlights of the ArtWalk include:
· Outdoor Arts Market (Ravenswood & Berteau): features over 60 local artists, food from 5411 Empanadas and Hilary’s Cookies, beer from Urban Brew Labs and Empirical Brewery, and a non-alcoholic beverage tent benefiting the Friendship Center Food Pantry.
· Sneak Peek of Upcoming Ravenswood Projects: take a look at what’s coming to the Ravenswood community. The GRCC will have a display showing residents information and visuals of the sculptures, art projects, and more coming to the community later this year.
· Access to Historic Buildings: explore the old buildings of the Ravenswood Industrial Corridor and visit instrument makers, glass workers, museum archives, ceramic studios, and more.
Businesses participating in RAW include:
· Begyle Brewing
· Bill Bartelt Watercolors Studio
· Chex Studio
· Chicago Photography Classes
· Chicago School of Shoemaking & Leather Arts
· Dandelion Therapeutic Art Center
· DEFY Manufacturing
· Empirical Brewery
· Ginny Sykes Studio @ Spacca Napoli Pizzeria
· Honey Hive Salon
· Juniper Dentistry
· KOVAL Distillery
· Lillstreet Art Center
· Lucila’s Alfajores
· Mathias “Spider” Schergen’s Garage Gallery
· Movement Republic Crossfit
· Redline VR
· SpiderMeka Portraits
· Starshaped Press
· Studio 505: Laurie Shaman Ceramics + Emily Rapport Paintings
· The Hive Dance Studios
· VIN 312 Winery
· Wonder City Studio
The Ravenswood ArtWalk is Saturday, September 11 and Sunday, September 12 from 11AM - 6PM. The event entrance is at Ravenswood & Berteau and stretches from Lawrence to Waveland.