Looking for ways to warm up as the weather gets colder? Look no further than these November dining events across Chicago!
All Month Long - Live Music During Brunch or Dinner at River Roast
November is full of live music at River Roast!
Blues & Brunch: Brunch at River Roast is Saturdays and Sundays from 11am - 3pm with live blues performances from 12pm - 3pm.
11/2: Jimmy Burns
11/3: Fifty-One Lincoln Band
11/9: Joe Moss Band
11/10: The Smiley Tillmon Band
11/16: Linsey Alexander
11/17: Tom Holland
11/23: The Jamiah Rogers Band
11/24: Ring of Music Band & Orchestra
11/30: Eric Noden
After Work Set: Kick back and relax after a long day on Thursdays from 5:30pm - 8:30pm.
11/7: Rosa Reinemann
11/14: Heather Horton
11/21: Dave Herrero and Anne Harris
Beginning Friday, November 1 - Smoke Daddy Wrigleyville Offering Free Food To Anyone Named Ross
Now, that David Ross is in the Manager’s chair, Smoke Daddy Wrigleyville (3636 N Clark, Chicago, IL 60613) is ready to celebrate
Starting Friday, November 1, all guests that visit Smoke Daddy Wrigleyville with the first or last name Ross, will eat for free. Guests must show proof of identity to redeem up to $15 in free food from the BBQ joint overlooking Gallagher Way and Wrigley Field.
The special will run through November 14 and cannot be combined with any other discount or offer.
Wednesdays Starting November 6 - Writer Wednesdays at About Last Knife
About Last Knife (ALK) – the modern steak bar on North Michigan Avenue – has partnered with the nearby American Writers Museum to bring Writer Wednesdays to the neighborhood. Starting on Wednesday, November 6, guests who donate a book to the neighboring Hotel Julian’s library receive their first cocktail from ALK’s new literary-inspired drink menu complimentary. The “Novel Approach” beverage menu includes eight craft cocktails ($14 each) such as:
- Hemingway Daiquiri with rum, maraschino, grapefruit, and lime
- Eventide – the name of Gwendolyn Brooks’ first published poem – with gin, americano, violette, and bitters
- The Giving Tree – inspired by Shel Silverstein’s infamous children’s book – with sherry, cherry, and demerara
- Bandit of Hell's Bend – a Western fiction novel by American writer Edgar Rice Burroughs – with rye, cardamaro, and vermouth
Thursday, November 7 through Saturday, November 30 - Replay Lincoln Park Special Pop Up Series
Looking to create three spaces of unique fun for Chicagoans and visitors, alike, Replay Lincoln Park, 2833 N. Sheffield Ave. will host various pop-ups beginning Thursday, November 7 and lasting throughout the entire month. The pop-up series themes include nods to the American animated science fiction sitcom, which is returning for a new season, Rick and Morty; the developer and video game publisher, NAMCO; and the children’s television series and soon-to-be-released feature film, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. Featuring custom artwork and several one-of-a-kind photo opportunities designed by local artists, guests may immerse themselves in three distinct worlds within the popular arcade bar as follows.
The Unofficial Rick and Morty Pop-Up
- Beginning Thursday, November 7 and running through Sunday, November 24, Replay Lincoln Park is reviving its 2018 pop-up portrayal of the hit TV show Rick and Morty. Individuals are invited to hang with the entire Smith household and join in the adventures for an unofficial Rick and Morty pop-up in the main room with several themed events, viewing parties and trivia, spaceships galore and more. In tribute to Shoney’s restaurant Replay Lincoln Park has partnered with Zizi’s Cafe to serve a variety of snacks including Chicken Nuggets with Mulan Szechuan Teriyaki dipping sauce, the Rickshank Rickdemption Burger, Pickle Rick’s Mozzarella Sticks, Shoney’s Space Fries and Mr. Meeseeks Double Cheesecake. In addition to snacks, guests can sip on a variety of themed cocktails including The Meeseeks, Morty’s Mind Blowing Margarita and the Rickhatten, which is served in a keepsake flask.
NAMCO Man Cave
- Continuing the special pop-up series, beginning Thursday, November 14, Replay Lincoln Park will host an ‘80s-themed NAMCO sponsored pop-up experience, which will also kick off the new Thursday ‘80s nights at the bar as well. Individuals will enjoy the many photo opportunities with NAMCO tapestries, framed art and seven classic NAMCO arcade games including Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Galaga, Tekken and more through the end the month. Replay Lincoln Park will also offer an extensive specialty cocktail menu for the duration of the pop-up including B52s, Sex on the Beach, Woo Woos, Bartles and Jaymes wine coolers and a weekly $3 shot special every Thursday. With ‘80s DJs each Thursday and other specials, NAMCO Arcade fanatics will surely be in for a treat with all these classic games and the NAMCO Man Cave, which will always be accessible.
Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood
- Replay Lincoln Park will also host a Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood vignette pop-up through Saturday, November 30 as a nostalgic respite in today’s society. Featuring the beautiful television house, Mr. Rogers’ bench and the town’s quirky puppet theatre with Daniel Stripped Tiger, King Friday XII, Lady Elaine Fairchilde and Henrietta Pussycat, this pop-up invites guests to come along to the neighborhood as a place to feel comfortable and welcomed. Adding to the fun and hospitality, Replay Lincoln Park will host a Neighborhood Friendsgiving event catered by Zizi’s Café. Regardless of what destination individuals decide to tour, visitors should come prepared wearing their favorite colorful sweater and show their neighborly spirit.
Friday, November 8 - Desert Wine Sampling at Chicagoland Mariano's
Mariano's is hosting a complimentary Desert Wine Sampling at three Chicagoland Mariano's locations on Friday, November 8th.
From 5pm to 8pm, Mariano's Bucktown (2112 N Ashland Ave), Ravenswood (1800 W Lawrence Ave), and Naperville (1300 S Naper Blvd) will be offering a wine sampling featuring 8 Years in the Desert by Orin Swift Winemaker Dave Phinney.
Friday, November 8 – Meals on Wheels Celebrity Chef Ball
- Meals on Wheels Chicago's signature fundraiser, the Celebrity Chef Ball, is taking place on Friday, November 8 from 6-11:30 p.m. at Morgan Manufacturing (401 N. Morgan St.). The evening of food and philanthropy brings over 80 chefs, mixologists, and Chicagoans together to nourish our homebound neighbors.
- The VIP Chef’s Table begins at 6 p.m. with a pre-event cocktail reception, followed by a dining experience. Seated in small “pods”—each served by three chefs and a mixologist—guests will enjoy a six-course dinner with cocktails pairings, desserts, and a live auction.
- Guests of the Chef's Tasting Party will sample their way through dozens of chef stations from chefs such as Debbie Gold (Tied House), Ryan Wombacher (SideDoor), and Justin Moser (Table, Donkey and Stick), and enjoy cocktail experiences along with a raffle, silent auction, and dancing beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets are available for purchase online: VIP Chef’s Table tickets are priced at $400 and Chef’s Tasting Party tickets are $200.
Tuesday, November 12 – Vegan Feast at Sunda
- River North pan-Asian restaurant Sunda (110 W. Illinois) invites guests to celebrate World Vegan Month with a Vegan Feast on Tuesday, November 12 at 6 p.m. The Feast offers guests a tour of Southeast Asian cuisine with dishes including Burmese Tea Salad with puffed rice, pickled beet strings, sunflower seeds, peanuts, and oolong tea dressing, Shiitake Edamame Dumplings, and Filipino Mushroom Adobo with confit oyster mushroom, garlic, and puffed rice.
- Guests can also sample Sunda’s new vegan sushi menu, which is launching November 1 and includes items such as a Sweet Potato Caterpillar Roll with roasted sweet potatoes, asian pear, avocado, black garlic teriyaki, roasted red pepper purée; and Beets Gunkan Maki with okinawa sweet potatoes, golden beets, beet strings, candied walnuts, and ponzu rayu.
- Tickets are available for purchase on Sunda’s website
Wednesday, November 13 - Women of Wine & Food Event at Cafe Spiaggia
Guests will join Executive Chef Eric Lees and Sous Chef Eryn Cisneros for a special five-course tasting menu featuring hand-selected wine pairings from Spiaggia/Café Spiaggia’s James Beard Award-nominated Sommelier Rachael Lowe, and a team of other top female Sommeliers. Women in wine showcasing that evening include:
Rachael Lowe | Spiaggia/Café Spiaggia
Jennifer Wagoner | Proxi/Sepia
Sian Ferguson | RPM Restaurants
Leslie Larue Lamont | Rick Bayless Restaurant Group
Rachel Driver Speckan | Maverick
Prepaid reservations for parities of 1-5 guests are available online now for $75 per person.
Friday, November 15 - Free Burger Day at Umami Burger
Burger destination Umami Burger’s updated menu is now live at both of its Chicago locations.
To celebrate, Umami Burger has designated November 15 “Umami Burger – Free Burger Day”. Both Chicago locations, West Loop & Wicker Park, will be giving away one burger per person with no restriction on types of burgers!
Saturday, November 16 - Gin Fest at SX Sky Bar
On November 16, 2019, SX Sky Bar invites guests to Chicago Gin Fest, where gin experts will offer tasting and education about 20+ varieties of the smoothest gins, including Botanist, Waterloo, Beefeater, and more! General admission tickets ($20) grant access to 3 hours of gin tastings from 2PM-5PM. Guests can also upgrade to a VIP experience, and get access to an extra hour of gin tasting from 1PM-5PM, unique tastings only available during the VIP hour plus one-on-one time with distillers! Tickets are available here.
Saturday, November 16 and Sunday, November 17 - 15th Annual Lycée French Market
The 15th Annual Lycée French Market will transform Chicago’s French international school into a bustling market filled with local and French artisans offering apparel, jewelry, home décor, gourmet food and more. Guests will also enjoy the French Market’s famous Bistro, featuring a menu of authentic French recipes.
The two-day event at the Lycée Français de Chicago, which draws upwards of 2,000 local attendees each year, will open its doors to the community on Saturday, November 16, from 10am to 5pm; and Sunday, November 17, from 10am to 4pm. The Market serves as an opportunity for the Lycée to welcome its neighbors and to celebrate the school’s French culture.
Open to the public, the 2019 Lycée French Market will take place on the school’s campus, located at 1929 West Wilson Avenue. A $5 donation is suggested at entry, and tickets will be available for purchase at the door.
Shoppers can easily access the Market from the Damen Brown Line stop, one block from the school. Street or paid garage parking is also available (Ravenswood Garage, 4551 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60640).
International French artist and illustrator, Yann Legendre, returns once again as the poster artist for the event. Limited edition prints will be available for purchase at the Market.
Additional information on the French Market is available at lyceefrenchmarket.org.
Monday, November 18 - Dos Urban Cantina's 4th Anniversary Party
Dos Urban Cantina is throwing a 4th Anniversary Party that will be taking place on Monday, November 18 at Dos Urban Cantina (2829 W Armitage Ave).
The event will begin at 6pm and feature food and drinks from Dos Urban Cantina, along with a variety of neighbors and friends, including Funkenhausen, The Publican, Superkhana International, Bar Sotano and S.K.Y.
Tickets will be sold in the following tiers:
- 6pm for $65
- 8pm for $45
Thursday, November 21 - Wine Tasting Event at The Talbott
The Talbott invites you to Wine 101: The Perfect Pairing for the Holidays. Join us on Thursday, November 21 from 5 - 6:30PM for an exclusive wine tasting to help you select wine for your holiday table. Potash Markets wine buyer, Josh Reed, will share his knowledge and expert opinion discussing two whites, two reds and a dessert wine to wow your guests. Tickets are only $10 (available here), and include a glass of wine plus a tasting. Proceeds benefit the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Friday, November 22 and Saturday, November 23 - Ocean Prime Chicago Lights Festival Chefs Tasting Menu
Ocean Prime Chicago will celebrate the Lights Festival with a special Chefs Tasting Menu. Courtesy of Executive Chef Jason Shelley, the menu will include guests’ choice from a variety of dishes for just $65 per person (excluding tax and gratuity) on November 22 and November 23. With grandeur windows, the restaurant provides patrons with one-of-a-kind views of the Chicago River and cityscape, for those seeking to overlook the Lights Festival. For the first course, diners may choose between French Onion Soup with Brandy and Aged Swiss, a Caesar Salad with Crisp Romaine, Parmesan Garlic Dressing and Brioche Croutons, or a House Salad complete with Romaine, Field Greens Granny Smith Apples, Goat Cheese, Walnuts and a Sherry Mustard Vinaigrette. For the second course, diners may choose from an 8 oz. filet with Gouda Potato Cake, Seared Spinach and Cabernet Jus, Freebird Farms Chicken with Spinach Bread Salad, Roasted tomatoes, Olives, Balsamic Jus, Teriyaki Salmon with Shitake Sticky Rice and Soy Butter Sauce, or Blackened Snapper served with Corn Spoon Bread and Jalapeno Tartar. Guests may enjoy a side dish from a selection including Creamy Whipped Potatoes, Broccoli and Cauliflower, Truffle Mac and Cheese or Chophouse Corn. To finish things off on a sweet note, the choice between Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte or Butter Cake will be offered. For reservations, patrons may call 312-428-4344 or visit https://www.ocean-prime.com/reservations.
Saturday, November 23 - Lights Festival Activation at Jake Melnick's
The Mag Mile Lights Festival is coming up on Saturday, November 23 and Jake Melnick's is going to deck out the Keg Room for the Lights Festival with a ridiculous amount of holiday cheer.
It will be a convenient place to take a break from cold! They will have three hot spiked beverages which will include the Peppermint Schnapps Hot Chocolate, Hot Totty, and Irish Coffee (all $7) and offer $5 dessert table for the kids, filled with all you can eat assorted pastries.
Sunday, November 24 - ROOH Chicago Launches Sunday Brunch
ROOH Chicago, situated on “Restaurant Row” at 736 W Randolph, will begin opening its doors earlier on Sundays to present a fresh, progressive take on classic brunch offerings. Beginning Sunday, November 24, ROOH will feature an inventive menu courtesy of Executive Chef Sujan Sarkar and Chef de Cuisine Sahil Sethi, along with an innovative cocktail menu and an imaginative ambiance that will take weekend dining to new heights. Foodies may indulge in this new menu every Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We are delighted to share more time with our amazing patrons and take the Chicago Sunday experience to a whole new level,” says Executive Chef Sujan Sarkar. “Each item on the menu was thoughtfully curated to provide visitors with an inspired take on a meal that has become a weekend pastime in our city.”
The new brunch lineup will span the entire flavor spectrum including everything from sweet to savory dishes to ensure that each guest will find something they love. Diners may expect to find dishes including a Lamb Chapli Burger served on a brioche bun with laccha onion, pickle, and ROOH masala fries; the Prawn Pepper Fry Benedict served on brioche with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce; along with a brunch favorite, Buttermilk Pancakes served with salted jaggery ice cream for those with a serious sweet tooth. ROOH will also offer an Eggs Our Way section, which will include the Ross Masala Omelette with tomato, onion, chili, and cilantro; the Vegan Omelette served with a graham flour pancake, cottage cheese, cilantro, and ginger alam; ROOH’s version of vegetarian scrambled eggs, the Paneer Bhurji served with ricotta cheese, green peas, and cilantro; and the Lamb Keema served with a fried egg and crispy potatoes.
For more information about ROOH or to make a reservation, please visit www.roohchicago.com or call 312-267-2323.
Friday, November 29 - Intelligentsia Coffee Launches New Latte
Intelligentsia Coffee will launch an instant almond milk latte online and in coffeebars on Black Friday. The latest in their expanding line of instant offerings, this is made in partnership with Goodmylk Co and Sudden Coffee, ingredients include powdered almond milk from Goodmylk Co, Intelligentsia instant espresso, maple sugar, and salt. It can be easily mixed with hot or cold water, or foamed with an electric frother. One tin retails for $25. More details and images available upon request.
In addition to the launch of the instant almond milk latte, Intelligentsia will also offer online promotions for both Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Black Friday: From Thursday Nov. 28th through Sunday Dec.1st, online orders for $30 dollars or more will receive free shipping in addition to all 20% off all products site wide.
Cyber Monday: 15% off when you spend $50 and 20% off when you spend $75 sitewide.