After staying indoors for seven months, it's time for Chicagoans to bask in the sun and enjoy the warm weather before it's back to wearing parka's and snow boots. Luckily, patio season is upon us and restaurants and bars across the city are starting to open up their patios for alfresco dining and happy hours. For your convenience, we've gathered some of the new and revamped patios in the city!
Roanoke Restaurant is located in the heart of Chicago's Loop and they just debuted a brand new sidewalk patio on Madison Street. As a special warm weather treat, guests can enjoy happy hour specials on the new patio, available Fridays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Specials include:
- $6 Absolut Vodka cocktails
- $7 margaritas
- $5 glasses of Canyon Road wine (cabernet, chardonnay and pinot grigio)
- $3 Roanoke Chips (hand-cut salt and vinegar chips)
- $6 sliders
- $6-half dozen, $12-dozen Buffalo Wings.
Brando's Speakeasy is nestled in Chicago's Loop and has two sidewalk patios on each side of the building that are now open. This loop spot post-work features a weekday happy hour every Monday through Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Specials include:
- $5 Makers Mark Boiler Makers
- $4 Bulleit Rye Old Fashioneds
- $3 Absolut Moscow Mules
- Half-off all Revolution beers
- $3 flatbreads and small pizzas
- $5 cheese and meat trays
Miller Lite Beer Garden might have the best view of Chicago since it is situated on the East End of Navy Pier. There are views of both Chicago's skyline and Lake Michigan. Soak up some rays and enjoy music from local bands al fresco style. In addition, guests can grab a quick bite from the quick-service walk-up window that offers summer favorites like homemade pizza, brats and burgers as well as beer, wine, cocktails and frozen drinks.
- Opening Friday, May 6 (weather permitting) through October
Hakka Bakka has debuted a new sidewalk patio at their location on Fullerton Avenue in Lincoln Park. In conjunction with the patio opening, guests can enjoy a spring special featuring a refreshing Rose Lassi for $3.25. The Rose Lassi is a smooth blend of rose syrup and yogurt made fresh in-house every day.
Castaways is a Chicago classic beach hang since they are located right on North Avenue Beach. They have fresh salads, wraps, sandwiches, and quesadillas plus frozen cocktails and even Corona in a can! Castaways has Cabanas available for rent daily through Labor Day and private party space for up to 400 people which perfect for corporate outings and special events!
- Castaways will open to the public on May 25 (weather permitting).
Chango Loco might have the most underrated view in the city that is worth checking out. They are located next to Navy Pier's Crystal Garden with views of Navy Pier, Lake Michigan, and the city skyline. You can enjoy Mexican favorites like nachos, tacos, and carne asada as well as speciality drinks all summer here.
- Chango Loco is open seasonally from May to September.
Weber Grill is debuting their newly revamped patio at their Loop location on State Street. They also have two other locations in the suburbs with patios. Weber Grill's Lombard location has outdoor space with a view of the beautiful Fountain Square Pond and features a pergola with romantic string lighting making this a great spot to enjoy a meal with family and friends. Their location in Schaumburg encompasses the entire front facade of the restaurant, and this patio includes an outdoor fire-pit as well as a large wall-mounted fireplace with an abundance of beautiful floral hanging baskets that are displayed spring through fall.
In celebration of the warmer weather, all Weber Grill Restaurant locations will launch a seasonal drink menu in conjunction with the patio opening. Specials include:
- Weber's homemade Red Sangria ($8 glass; $31 pitcher)
- Seasonal Sangria ($8.50 glass; $33 pitcher)
- The Dear Delilah (Death's Door Gin, St-Germain, Combier Pamplemousse Rose, fresh grapefruit juice, orange bitters, ginger beer; $10)
- The Tiki Bandit (Bacardi 8-Year Rum, Cruzan Pineapple Rum, Gosling's Black Seal Rum, orgeat, pineapple juice, passionfruit syrup and ginger beer, served in a traditional tiki mug; $11.50)
Tuscany Restaurant on Taylor Street has an elevated patio that is now open so you can take in all the sights of Little Italy. Enjoy a post-dinner happy hour here on the patio every Monday through Thursday from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and from 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Friday featuring the following specials:
- "Martini Monday"
- $5 well, $6 call and $7 premium
- "2 For Tuesday"
- Buy two drinks and receive an appetizer half-off; available in bar area only (drinks can include soda, tea, coffee, juices, cocktails or beer)
- "Whiskey Wednesday"
- $5 well, $6 call and $7 premium
- "3,4,5 Thursday"
- $3 domestic beers, $4 import beers and $5 craft beers
- "50 Friday"
- 50-percent off wines by the glass
Tuscany Oak Brook is located right across from the Oak Brook Shopping Center and they have a beautiful outdoor patio space to enjoy the upcoming warm weather. Specials include:
- Half-off wine on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Half-off martinis on Thursdays
- FREE appetizers on Fridays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuscany Wheeling has a classic dining space, reminiscent of the outdoor cafes found throughout Italy. Guests can enjoy all of Tuscany's daily specials al fresco including:
- Monday: Half-price wine
- Tuesday: $3 small plates
- Sunday: Buy one entrée and receive a pasta entrée to take home for free