Did you know that August is National Sandwich Month? Sandwiches are perhaps the best food group ever invented, they can be anything you desire. While creating the perfect sandwich is a true art-form, finding and enjoying one is the ultimate jackpot. Here are six restaurants and bars across Chicago serving up the best deals for this food holiday.
Tuscany on Taylor Street has buy-one-get-one free paninis every Monday at lunch from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m for the month of August. Created by Executive Chef Victorio Padilla, panini specials include meatball, Italian sausage, prosciutto and more.
BOGO Panini Specials include:
- Panino con Polpette, $12 (Meatball, provolone, parmigiano, tomato sauce)
- Panino con Salsiccia, $12 (Italian sausage, peppers, onions)
- Panino con Prosciutto, $14 (Toasted focaccia, lettuce, tomato, prosciutto, stracchino cheese)
- Panino con Pollo, $13 (Toasted focaccia, grilled chicken breast, fresh mozzarella, spinach, pesto aioli)
MAK, in Wicker Park, is debuting three new Bao Sandwich options in celebration of National Sandwich Month. The signature sandwiches are available for dine-in guests only and include Sweet Braised Pork, Smoky MAK Gogi (Korean-style marinated beef) and Sweet and Tangy Chicken. Guests can choose two baos for $6 (choice of one protein) or four baos for $11 (choice of two proteins).
Roanoke's Executive Chef Ryan Kikkert has unveiled a new Rotisserie Lamb Sandwich for $16 just in time for National Sandwich Month. This savory sandwich is available at lunch only and features slow roasted garlic marinated lamb, cilantro and roasted pepper slaw on a toasted onion roll, and is served with slow roasted au jus.
Estelle's will offer four of their signature grilled cheese sandwiches with fries for only $6 (normally $8) on Wednesdays this August. Pair your grilled cheese sandwich with drink specials like Estelle's half-price everything happy hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. as well as half-price signature cocktails all evening. Featured sandwiches include:
- Dad's Night Out (Cheddar cheese, bacon, tomato)
- Pep Rally (Pepper jack cheese, grilled jalapeno, roasted red pepper)
- You Fancy (Mozzarella cheese, spinach, sautéed mushrooms)
- Say Cheese! (Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, pepper jack cheese)
Hakka Bakka is celebrating National Sandwich Month with a free side of Masala Fries (with cilantro aioli) and a large fountain drink with the purchase of a sandwich. This deal is for dine-in orders only and the sandwich options include:
- Lamb Shammi Burger ($8)
- Chicken Tikka Sandwich ($6)
- Veggie Masala Tikki Burger ($6)
Weber Grill in River North is offering free catering delivery for orders over $150 through the month of August. Catering highlights include the signature Sandwich Platter which includes a choice of eight sandwiches, sliced in half. Sandwich options include Smoked Turkey, Grilled Veggie, Tuscan Chicken, and a Smoke Bacon BLT. An order also includes house made kettle chips and coleslaw (serves 8 guests; $64.95).
Weber also offers other unique catering options that include a build-your-own burger bar where guests can enjoy the taste of a charcoal-seared burger without the fuss of grilling. The Burger Bar is $12.50 per person and burger options include a half-pound USDA Certified Angus Beef Burger, Turkey Burger and Grilled Portobello Mushroom.
Each burger bar includes:
- Freshly baked burger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, pickle slices and shaved onions
- Ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise packets
- Cheddar, Swiss and American Cheeses
- Housemade kettle chips
Additional toppings can be added to the burger bar package including:
- Cherrywood smoked bacon ($1.50 per person)
- Sautéed mushrooms ($1.50 per person)
- Sautéed onions ($1 per person)
- Sliced avocado ($1.50 per person)
For more information or to order, visit: https://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/catering/