In honor of its one-year anniversary in the Chicago market, Nando's has introduced more than a half dozen new menu items. Beyond the classics, you can now choose among the Thigh and Mighty Sandwich, the Quinoa Salad, Chicken Skewers, Chicken Thighs, and Roasted Vegetables. And just in time for warm weather and picnic season, there are two new specialty beverages, too-Pineapple Lemonade and Blood Orange and Mango Lemonade.
The Thigh and Mighty Sandwich features two flame-grilled boneless PERi-PERi thighs stacked on a toasted Portuguese roll with arugula, tomato, pickled red onions and PERinaise.
• Quinoa Salad comes loaded with roasted squash, generous chunks of avocado, cherry tomatoes and black quinoa. It's served on lightly dressed greens with crumbled goat cheese and roasted seeds.
• Chicken Skewers are Skin-on flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken alternates with onions and roasted red peppers on skewers.
• Nando's Chicken Thighs are tender boneless PERi-PERi thighs, flame-grilled with the skin on.
• Roasted Vegetables include chunky mixed peppers, red onions and zucchini lightly tossed in a rich tomato dressing. Braised Brussel Sprouts, too, when in season.
• Pineapple Lemonade is a batch-made blend of caramelized pineapple, lemon and lime.
• Blood Orange and Mango Lemonade is a concoction of mango, blood oranges, lemon and lime.