La Storia, is embracing the change of the season by making some changes of its own. Friday, June 28th will mark the beginning of the next chapter in the Italian restaurant’s story, which is located inside one of the Gold Coast’s historic mansions. The restaurant will debut a new chef, new summer menu and a new beverage program, which will feature an Aperativo Hour.
As Manny Navar, CFOO of Top Nosh Hospitality (the restaurant group to which La Storia belongs) explains the new La Storia is really a reflection of the changing neighborhood. “La Storia literally means “the history” or “the stories of the past,” says Navar. “We are grateful to have served our guests classic Italian cuisine in a fine dining atmosphere for the past two years but we are excited to introduce new flavors and fresh ideas.”
The La Storia family has announced Daniele Soguitu as the new Executive Chef. Born and raised in Sardinia, Soguitu started working in restaurants at the age of 15 years old. He began his career at the five-star Starwood Marriott hotel in Sardinia followed by three years at Porto Cervo, an Italian seaside resort. Soguitu then traveled through different kitchens in Europe, starting in England then to Milan, where he received his first Michelin star. The young chef’s next move to Madrid, Spain, where he spent three years where he focused on learning how to fuse together Italian and Spanish cuisines.
Soguitu’s debut menu at La Storia will feature modern takes on classic Italian fare with heavy Sardinian and Mediterranean influences.
Highlights from his first seasonal menu at the Gold Coast restaurant will include:
- lemon jam | prosciutto fluff | butter-fried focaccia | sunny-side up egg
- hazelnut | mint | salmon roe | Sardinian flatbread
- grilled shrimp | snap peas | sepia fregola | preserved lemon | fried egg
Whole Roasted Branzino
- eggplant caponata | lemon
Pork & Veal Meatballs
- pomodoro sauce | pistachio crumble | gorgonzola dolce
- beet puree | calamari | clams | mussels & gorgonzola fonduta
- arugula puree | heirloom tomatoes | lemon pearls
Olive Oil Cake
- grilled figs| creme fraiche chiboust