Momotaro, a Japanese restaurant helmed by Chef Gene Kato, will kick off its monthly Kitchen Dojo series on August 10.
Kitchen Dojo series with Executive Chef Gene Kato is a behind-the-scenes experience where guests can learn how some of Momotaro's dishes are prepared.
In each class, Chef Gene will demonstrate the preparation of a featured dish and explain the traditional and modern techniques that combine his Japanese cuisine. Each class is held on a Saturday from 11:00am-1:00pm and tickets are $130 with the exception of his Sushi class on December 14 ($150). After each cooking session, guests will enjoy a three-course meal built around the day's featured dish, complete with beverage pairings. All tickets can be purchased here - please note all guests must be 21+.
The complete Kitchen Dojo series schedule is below:
- Yakitori (chicken skewers) - Saturday, August 10
- Tempura (battered and deep-fried seafood + vegetables) - Saturday, September 14
- Pastry (Japanese desserts) - Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Ramen - Saturday, November 16 SOLD OUT
- Sushi with Shige (art of sashimi, nigiri + maki rolls) - Saturday, December 14