Special Thanksgiving dinners, Black Friday offers and Cyber Monday specials are front and center for Chicago restaurants and hotels.
OPEN ON THANKSGIVING
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago (221 N. Columbus Dr.) offers two options for Thanksgiving, to dine in and eat at home. At Filini restaurant, from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., guests can enjoy a four-course meal ($58 adults, $22 kids ages 4-12) that includes:
· Roasted butternut squash soup
· Gathered salad featuring roasted pear, dried cranberries, candied walnuts and a sherry vinaigrette
· A choice of cider-roasted farm turkey, slow-roasted prime rib or brown sugar-cured ham with a pineapple glaze
· Family-style sides including cranberry stuffing, cheddar-herb mashed potatoes, cranberry-orange relish, cider gravy, maple-glazed yam and apples, green beans, crimini mushrooms with crispy shallots
· Chocolate cream or pumpkin pie
20 East inside The Talbott Hotel (20 E. Delaware Place) celebrates Thanksgiving dinner from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a special prix-fixe menu ($55 per person) that includes:
· Green bean and frisee salad or butternut squash soup
· Turkey or roast beef
· Family-style sides (baked sweet potato, potato, celery-root gratin)
· Pumpkin pie or chocolate tart
Nico Osteria (1015 N. Rush St.) in Thompson Chicago lends a light Italian touch to its Thanksgiving pre-fixe menu ($85 per person, $35 per child ages 6-12), which is also available a la carte. From 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., the only Gold Coast restaurant to open its doors on the holiday will feature a choice of:
· Ribollita pesto or kale and endive salad with pear, gorgonzola and an apple cider vinaigrette
· Pappardelle turkey Bolognese, winter squash tortelloni with Brussels sprouts, heritage turkey breast with roasted carrots, or smoked ham chop with polenta
· Chocolate pecan pie and blonde chocolate stracciatella gelato or classic pumpkin pie and apple-butter gelato
Z Bar inside The Peninsula Hotel (108 E. Superior St.) will be open for those looking to imbibe on Thanksgiving, starting at noon until midnight. To get in a holiday mood, try the True North cocktail, featuring edible maple syrup spheres in the glass with a smooth combo of vodka, ice wine verjus, blanc vermouth and hibiscus leaf.
Even though Split-Rail (2500 W. Chicago Ave.) will be closed on Thanksgiving, the West Town restaurant will be offering to-go 'essential side-dish packages' available for pick-up on Wednesday, Nov. 21. The gourmet sides from Chef Zoe Schor include buttermilk biscuits with chile-maple butter, creamy mashed potatoes, savory cornbread stuffing, green bean casserole, black-eyed pea gratin and gravy. Most of the sides are vegetarian and some are gluten-free. All reheating instructions are included and pricing is $175 for 10 and $250 for 20 people. Preorder by Wed., Nov. 14 by calling the restaurant at 773-697-4413, with pick-ups on Wed., Nov. 21 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
For those looking to celebrate the holiday at home minus the mess, Filini at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago offers pick-up packages serving 4, 8 and 12 priced at $175, $340 and $510, respectively, inclusive of tax. All orders must be submitted by Mon., Nov. 19 at 2 p.m. Pick-up times at Filini are 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
The Dearborn (145 N. Dearborn St.) has a holiday pie program, great for Thanksgiving entertaining. From November 5, 2018 – January 2, 2019, order your pies through pre-order (48 hours in advance) and enjoy your choice of key lime, dutch apple, brown sugar pumpkin and bourbon pecan ($35 each).
Starting the day after Thanksgiving, Lincoln Park’s Gemini (2075 N. Lincoln Ave.) begins its annual ZooLights special in conjunction with the Lincoln Park ZooLights. The deal includes a 2-course prix fixe ($36), with a hot beverage and cookies to go. Valet parking for the entire evening is also available during this event so guests can park once.
Shoppers can fuel up or take a break at Old Town’s LG’s Bar (1525 N. Wells St.), which will be offering its special weekend brunch starting at 10 a.m. with dishes ranging from avocado toast and lemon ricotta pancakes to five kinds of egg Benedict.
All locations of Stan’s Donuts & Coffee will be offering a free small coffee (one per person, while supplies last, no purchase required) from open until noon in the spirit of Black (Coffee) Friday.