Fogo de Chão is opening its fourth Chicago-area location on, Tuesday, November 23 at 1204 22nd Street in Oak Brook, IL. The restaurant is located across from Oak Brook Center in the newly-developed Oak Brook Commons neighborhood. A portion of first week sales will be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana®, benefitting the non-profit’s Meals From The Heart program which provides warm, freshly made meals to families staying at local Ronald McDonald Houses this holiday season.
The new location is a “Center of Excellence” for the brand where guests can discover what’s next for Fogo by experiencing the latest innovation across food, beverage and design platforms. The Oak Brook restaurant features dry-aged meat lockers for in-house aging, wine cases displaying South America’s varietals, natural wood finishes and chandeliers across a vaulted ceiling. The dining room is anchored by an open-air churrasco bar for guests to dine while gaucho chefs display butcher, prepare and grill different cuts of meat over an open flame. Fogo’s seasonal Market Table welcomes guests to discover fresh salads and soup, exotic fruits, vegetables, imported charcuterie and more.
The new restaurant will also feature a patio with firepits for al fresco churrasco dining and a reimagined bar area where guests will be able to linger on leather couches and settee seating. Fogo Oak Brook opens with a new craft cocktails and bar bites menu in Bar Fogo alongside a bourbon and whiskey menu. Additionally, the location will provide Chicagoland guests with To Go and full-service catering, featuring on-site grilling by gaucho chefs.
“For over 42 years, Fogo has made a name in providing authentic Brazilian hospitality and creating incredible experiences for our guests from Brazil to the US and all over the world,” said Barry McGowan, Chief Executive Officer of Fogo de Chão. “We have a strong affinity for the Chicagoland market in our 20-year history and we look forward to expanding our Illinois footprint with our grand opening in Oak Brook, giving the local community an exclusive look at what’s next at Fogo.”
Fire-roasted meats are the core of Fogo’s experience and include items such as Ribeye, Lamb Chops and the house specialty, Picanha, the prime part of the top sirloin. Fogo Oak Brook offers a range of menu selections and prices to fit guests’ needs for lunch and dinner, including:
- Full Churrasco Experience – The signature menu selection that includes all premium and classic cuts, plus the fresh and seasonal Market Table & Feijoada Bar and Brazilian side dishes.
- Indulgent Cuts – Guests can expand their experience with a 20 oz. Wagyu New York Strip that is carved tableside on a Himalayan salt block to complement the cut’s marbling and texture. A decadent, dry-aged 32 oz. long bone Tomahawk Ribeye or 24 oz. Wagyu Ribeye are also available to order for the table.
In addition to these options, the menu also includes:
- Weekday Lunch – Includes the seasonal Market Table & Feijoada Bar, plus family-style service of Brazilian side dishes for $15 per person. Guests may choose to add a single cut of fire-roasted meat or have the Full Churrasco Experience.
- Weekend Brazilian Brunch – Includes the Full Churrasco Experience combined with Brazilian-inspired brunch items like Braised Beef Rib Hash along with made-to-order waffle and omelet stations.
- Bar Fogo – The Oak Brook bar offers a experience with a contemporary bar, lounge seating and dedicated bar staff with an all-new cocktail and bar bites menu. Guests can enjoy Bar Fogo Features every day featuring $8 Brazilian-Inspired cocktails, $6 glasses of South American wines, small plates like Braised Beef Rib Sliders, Churrasco meat boards or the house-ground Picanha Burger.
- Seafood – Brazilian-inspired seafood options are available à al carte, including shrimp and lobster appetizers, mango Chilean sea bass and a Seafood Tower.
- Fogo To-Go & Catering – Bring the Fogo experience home with individual churrasco entrees, à al carte offerings, catered events and ready-to-eat or ready-to-grill options from the Butcher Shop. All are available for contactless delivery or pick up.
- Group and Private Dining – Whether celebrating a special birthday or hosting a corporate meeting, the Oak Brook location has a dedicated sales manager and offers customizable menus, private and semi-private dining spaces and complimentary A/V equipment.
Additionally, 2021 holiday hours at Fogo de Chão are as follows:
· Thanksgiving Day: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Christmas Eve: 11:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
· Christmas Day: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· New Year’s Eve: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
· New Year’s Day: 11:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.