On July 29th, avec hosts the Sunday Sherry Social, a two-part soiree dedicated to southern Spain, an area known for creating the world’s best sherries. Beginning with an afternoon reception from 2pm-4pm in avec’s upstairs private event space, part one of the social entails a “pay as you enjoy” happy-hour featuring sherry cocktails by avec bartender Sarah Schmitt and Mony Bunni of Lustau sherry such as a Fino Daquiri, Paulo Cortado Blackberry Cobbler and Bianco-Vermut Spritz ($8 each). Served along with an assortment of $3 conservas and pintxos, or tapas-style bites, these low-ABV libations are ideal for summertime sipping. Part two’s private dinner begins at 7:00pm with a five-course Spanish-inspired menu created by avec’s Chef de Cuisine Perry Hendrix. Each course will be accompanied by samplings of various sherries from Lustau’s famed collection that began in 1896. Menu highlights include:
- Pan con tomato with cured sardines
- Fresh sheeps milk cheese with preserved artichokes, anchovy and chanterelle mushrooms
- Roasted prawns with Serrano ham and saffron rice
- Slow roasted pork shank with fresh pole beans and pimenton
- Old manchego with smoked almonds, roasted grapes and chicories
Tickets are $75 (tax and gratuity not included) or $98 per person (includes tax & 20% gratuity) and can be purchased HERE.