'Tis the season for holiday dishes at Benny’s Chop House. The independently-owned River North steakhouse embraces the holiday cheer as it opens its doors for both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
Christmas Eve at Benny’s
Rudolph and Prancer have nothing on “Benny” come Christmas Eve, as the restaurant welcomes all to enjoy the full menu in addition to more than 1,800 wine labels and desserts. Highlights include:
- Lobster Salad (warm Cape Breton lobster, cauliflower-caviar cream, winter greens, citrus-blood orange vinaigrette)
- Dover Sole; prepared table side (lemon, caper)
- Japanese Black Grade A5 Miyazaki Skirt Steak
- Natural Filet Mignon Oscar-Style
- Chocolate Layer Cake (sour cream chocolate frosting, fudge sauce)
- Pecan Pie (bourbon-caramel sauce)
Dinner will be served from 3 p.m. until 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve, and the restaurant will be closed on Christmas Day.
New Year’s Eve at Benny’s
Benny’s, Bubbly and a Band. New Year’s Eve diners will enjoy the full dinner menu, live music all night long and a complimentary champagne toast when the clock strikes midnight.
Benny’s Chop House will feature an entire line-up of jazz musicians to play into the new year. The musicians include Carmen Stokes, Lynn Hilton, Margaret Murphy-Webb and Alan Burroughs.
As guests are treated to music and food, they will also ring in the new year with complimentary party accessories complete with hats, tiaras, noise makers and more. The celebratory evening will be topped off with a glass of bubbly to toast to 2019 in style.
Hours on New Year’s Eve will be 4 p.m. until the music stops. Benny’s will be closed on New Year’s Day.