Passover (March 27)
Rye Deli + Drink (West Loop)
“Don’t Pass This Over” package will cost $55 and will feature: 2 matzoh ball soups, 1 beet dip, 1 butternut squash dip, 1 hummus container, and will be served with housemade matzah.
avec (West Loop)
Passover Dinner for Two created by avec. The menu includes: carrot, endive, and golden raisin salad with harissa vinaigrette; matzoh ball soup with preserved lemon, chicken and dill; warm gefilte fish with spiced tomato chraime; pomegranate braised lamb shank with white bean stew and date charoset; and burnt honey cake for dessert. Prepaid pick-up available for Saturday, March 27 at Avec River North, or in two Chicago suburbs, Northbrook and Highland Park. $95 for two people. Visit their website for ordering details.
The Smith (River North)
The Smith is offering a Passover Dinner for Two or Four through their meal kit service, The Smith at Home. Options include: Deviled Eggs, Matzah Ball Soup, Apple & Goat Cheese Salad, Red Wine Braised Brisket, Braised Rosemary Chicken, Grilled Asparagus, Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Flourless Chocolate Cake and Coconut Macaroons. Available for pick up 3/25 - 3/27. Deadline for ordering is by noon the day prior to the order date. Passover Specials in-house at the restaurant will include: Matzah Ball Soup, Red Wine Glazed Brisket with parmesan whipped potatoes, creamed kale & horseradish cream, and a Flourless Chocolate Cake.
The Goddess & Grocer
The Goddess and Grocer offers a catering menu full of items to help celebrate the Passover holiday. The menu features Kugels, Soups, Salads, Appetizers, Main Courses, Sides, and Desserts. New for this year is a Seder Dinner ($75) catering option for two people for one night; or one night for two people.
All Passover orders must be confirmed with payment by Wednesday, March 24 at 3 p.m. Guests can place their orders by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling the store or visting their website online. Delivery is available for orders of $75 or more and fees start at $20 or more and are based on location. Deliveries will take place on Saturday, March 27 between 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. and Sunday, March 28 from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Pick-up is available at any of The Goddess and Grocer's three locations and select items from the Passover menu will be available in stores.
- 2 Gefilte Fish with Horseradish and Beet Puree
- 1/2 lb of Goddess chopped liver
- 1/2 lb of charoset
- 1 pint of Chicken Matzo Ball Soup
- Brisket with tzimmes, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts
- 2 slices of noodle kugel
- 2 chocolate dipped macaroons
Passover Menu Highlights Include:
- Seder Plate with bitter herbs, charoset, roasted lamb bone, hard cooked egg, parsley, and lettuce served on a Seder plate
- Traditional Gefilte Fish
- Potato Latkes with applesauce and sour cream
- Braised Beef Brisket with wild mushroom, shallot, and red wine sauce
- Matzo Crusted Chicken Schnitzel with tomato sauce
- Roasted Carrots with Za'atar
- Matzo Cheese Kugel with toasted almonds and granny smith apples
- Pavlova with crispy meringue layered
- Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake with vanilla cheesecake, coconut crust, and chocolate ganache