District Brew Yards announces the partial reopening of its West Town beer hall, with new hours, a new patio, and new safety guidelines starting Thursday, June 11 at 3 p.m. The shop only has previously been open with restricted hours, while the beer hall has been closed to the public since the mandatory Illinois business closures in March 2020 due to COVID. District Brew Yards added Lillie’s Q barbecue for delivery starting May 22, which will now be available on the new patio.
The collaborative brewery and beer hall launches a socially responsible outdoor space in the parking lot to the south of the building, along with very limited indoor table access at the large west-facing windows along Ashland Avenue. For the patio opportunity, District Brew Yards thanks its neighbor Altitude Chicago Trampoline Park, which owns the parking lot.
For the patio, guests first need to enter through the main entrance of District Brew Yards at 417 N. Ashland Ave., check in at the front desk to obtain a beer card for the pour-your-own taps, and use the new social distancing policies for accessing the beer walls or ordering barbecue, then move to the outdoor seating. A friendly reminder, District Brew Yards is 21+; dogs are allowed on the new patio, but must be walked around the building, as dogs are not allowed inside to walk through the shop or beer hall.
District Brew Yards reopening safety procedures include the following:
- All persons inside, both staff and guests, are expected to wear a mask at all times.
- Each person receives a beer card, per usual, and must move around the beer hall in a clockwise motion to obtain beer or food.
- Guests are encouraged to maintain social distancing and not to crowd the beer walls or the restrooms.
- Single-use cups, plasticware, and Tap-Kins (disposable tap holders/napkins) are available for increased safety.
- Additional sanitation stations are placed throughout District Brew Yards and the patio.
- Parties of more than 6 people will be seated separately.
District Brew Yards new hours are Tuesday-Thursday 3-9 p.m., Friday 3-11 p.m., Saturday noon-11 p.m., Sunday noon-9 p.m., closed Monday. Delivery of Lillie’s Q and packaged beer is also still available during these new hours.