It is perhaps the best time of the year when Chicagoans can reach new heights and drink on a rooftop. That time of year, is almost here and we've got you covered on the places to make your elevated Summer 2019 memories.
The Robey Hotel-Cabana Club and The Up Room
The hotel rooftop bar is a concept that every big city is familiar with, but The Robey hotel in Chicago’s Wicker Park/Bucktown neighborhood offers two different rooftop experiences. As the only tall building in the neighborhood, the skyline views are from a perspective that most people are not able to see the city from. With 360-degree views of the city skyline, Cabana Club and The Up Room welcome guests to experience Chicago in a completely new context.
On May 5th, Cabana Club and the outdoor terrace of The Up Room will open for the season. The indoor section of The Up Room is open year-round. Both rooftops offer something for everyone, no matter what you’re feeling - such as a date night at The Up Room or a summer day drinking frozen cocktails by the pool at Cabana Club with friends. No matter what, instaworthy views of the Chicago skyline are guaranteed - and cocktails always taste better with a view.
Cabana Club (6th floor) - open May 5-September
- Cabana Club is The Robey’s sixth floor rooftop pool and deck overlooking the entire Wicker Park neighborhood, as well as 360-degree views of the Chicago skyline. Cabana Club is equipped with two full bars—indoor and poolside. Visitors can relax with frozen cocktails and food while soaking up the sun and sunset in the evening. The pool is open to all, not just hotel guests.
- The snacks include jalapeño poppers, cucumber salads, popsicles, sandwiches, smoothies and more. The frozen cocktails are back this year, with talks of having a 32 oz glass for a frozen margarita to share with friends in a large gimlet glass. There will also be cabana punch, daiquiris, aperol spritz, beer, wine and more.
- Made You Blush (Hangar One Rosé, St Elder, Aperol, Lime)
- Margarita (Libelula Tequila, Banhez Mezcal, Combier, Lime)
- Cool as a Cucumber (Espolon Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier, Lime + Cucumber)
- Miami Vice (Blend of Colada and Strawberry Daiquiri)
The Up Room (13th Floor) - open all year round, outdoors open May 5-September
- Located on The Robey hotel’s 13th floor, the venue offers specialty cocktails, wine, beer and a whiskey selection with indoor seating and a terrace showcasing the Chicago skyline. The Grotto—a secluded, private alcove nestled within The Robey’s bell tower.
- Duck Fried Rice (Sesame Infused Aylesbury Duck Vodka, Lemongrass Infused Ford’s Gin, Bitterman’s Tepache) - comes with a fortune cookie in an interactive display.
- Is It Summer Yet? (Gin, Elderflower Liquer, Lemon Bitters, Prosecco, Butterfly Pea Tea Ice Spheres) - starts off clear and transforms the taste and color to a beautiful, bright purple as the ice melts
- April Showers, Bring May Flowers (Cachaca, Chareau, Lime, Cucumber, Orange Bitters, Absinthe, Soda) - refreshing taste that resembles a spring salad
This year at etta’s rooftop, you’ll never have to worry about summer rainy days. There will be new decor with a new awning that will be fully retractable, with the option of being fully enclosed. The rooftop includes both an indoor and outdoor space where guests can dine and enjoy etta’s full menu or grab a drink and snack at the upstairs indoor bar.
Additionally, etta has announced their new weekend Rooftop brunch happening every Saturday and Sunday this summer beginning this Sunday, May 26th.