Daisies new fall/winter drinks are aligned with chef Joe Frillman’s focus of his “root-to-fruit” approach by minimizing waste and maximizing flavor.
After a warm season filled with carrots, corn, blueberries and more in Daisies’ cocktails - it’s time to shift into late fall/winter produce with ingredients such as squash and mushrooms.
Daisies has also added a spirit-free Imbibe Option flight of four spirit-free drinks for $11. Another interesting add to the spirit-free menu is the house switchel (Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, Sage, Soda Water), which dates back to the colonial era and is thought of as “Nature’s Gatorade.”
The new drinks are listed below.
- "Right at Home" - Butternut Squash & Maple Syrup, Bourbon, Oloroso Sherry, Lemon Juice, Dry Curacao, and Egg White. The squash comes from chef Frillman’s brother’s farm, Frillman Farms.
- "Pear Down” - Carpano Bianco, Riesling and House-Made Pear Kombucha
- Coffee Kombucha - Leftover Coffee, Orange Syrup, Cardamom Bitters. The orange syrup is made from orange peels which the team peels before juicing for brunch to make the most of the orange.
- Mushroom Sour - Mushroom Syrup, Lemon Juice, Egg White, Mushroom Powder. The Mushroom Syrup is made with Dehydrated Mushrooms, Demerara Sugar, and a blend of herbs and spices. (launching soon)
- Parsnip Eggnog - Whole Egg, Aged Rum, Brandy, Sugar, Parsnip Puree. The team makes the parsnip puree by roasting, poaching and then pureeing the parsnips. Parsnips are poached with Star Anise, Clove, Cardamom, and Allspice. (launching December 1) *twist on classic holiday beverages
- Hot Toddy with Apple Cider Vinegar - more info to come (launching December 1) *twist on classic holiday beverages