BURGER NIGHT AT PUBLICAN QUALITY MEATS
- September 4th: 3 Floyds vs. Big Star
- September 11th: Kim Leali of One Off Hospitality vs. Chef/Partner John Manion of El Che Bar & La Sirena Clandestina
- September 18th: Boka Restaurant vs. Pacific Standard Time
- September 25th: Middlebrow Beer Co. vs. The Moonlighter
- LOCATION: Publican Quality Meats (825 W. Fulton Market)
- TIME: 5:30-9 PM
- DETAILS: This battle of the meats features a signature PQM burger alongside two dueling specialty burger creations from some of Chicago’s most notable restaurants, bars, and personalities. A PQM tradition since 2012, each installment in the series is sure to deliver an epic evening of culinary competition with ample amounts of bourbon and beer on hand with the best selling burger crowned champion.
THE SPENCE FARM FOUNDATION HARVEST FEAST: Chicago Chefs Raise Money for a Healthy Food System
- DATE: September 9th
- LOCATION: Grani’s Acres Farm (21232 E 735 North Road, Fairbury, IL)
- TIME: 4 PM—7 PM. Special-ticket chef demo with Publican Head Baker and James Beard Award finalist Greg Wade begins at 3 PM
- PRICE/TICKET LINK: $135 until August 24th and $150 after; large group tables up to 12 people available for $1,800; special-ticket add-on for chef demo $50 — https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spence-farm-foundation-harvest-feast-2018-tickets-48018237842?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing
- DETAILS: Harvest Feast, the annual fundraiser for the Spence Farm Foundation, brings together chefs from some Chicago restaurants to the farm for a night of food, drink and frivolity. Chefs will prepare small plates featuring locally sourced ingredients while guests enjoy live music, sample wines and participate in both silent and live auctions. Held at a new location, Grani’s Acres Farm nearby the original Spence Farm. Participating restaurants include: Blackbird, Elske, Floriole, Momotaro, Frontera, Pacific Standard Time, Quiote, Spiaggia, The Heritage, Honey Butter Fried Chicken, Wood and Salero with breads and demonstration by James Beard award finalist Head Baker Greg Wade of Publican Quality Bread.
CROSSTOWN TACOS FOR THE CROSSTOWN CLASSIC
- DATE: September 21st- 23rd
- LOCATION: Big Star Wrigleyville (3640 N Clark St)
- TIME: Friday-Sunday from 11:30- 2 AM and Saturday from 11:30- 3:00 AM
- DETAILS: As the Cubs play the White Sox downtown at Guaranteed Rate Field, Big Star brings the South Side to Wrigleyville with a weekend-long pop-up collaboration with Birrieria Zaragoza, the family-run Mexican taco spot famous for its roasted goat shank. Big Star Chef de Cuisine Julie Warpinski will team up with Chef Jonathan Zaragoza to sling up some goat meat dish specials inspired by the Archer Heights taqueria.