Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants opens ninth Chicago area location in Oak Park on July 17, 2017. The new restaurant is located at 950 Lake Street in downtown Oak Park. Cooper’s Hawk is a winery, restaurant, artisan market and Napa-style tasting room concept with headquarters in Countryside Illinois. The company was founded in 2005 by CEO Tim McEnery.
“Oak Park is an historic and beautiful urban village,” says John Inserra, President of Cooper’s Hawk. “We look forward to becoming part of the fabric of this vital community – a place where people gather to unwind and reconnect over a great meal and a glass of wine.”
The Oak park culinary team is led by Nick Odell, who has been with Cooper’s Hawk since 2015. Odell works closely with Executive Chef Matt McMillin. Utilizing peak of season ingredients, the restaurant’s scratch kitchen selections include a crafted array of food and wine pairings, each listed with a bin number to guide guests’ selections of their wine match. Some menu favorites include:
· Candied Bacon & Artisan Cheeses – Trio of Cheeses: Stracciatella, Salemville Bleu, Sartori Parmesan, Honeycomb, Black Fig Jam, Grilled Polenta Crostini – Optional Pairing flight features Cooper’s Hawk Lux Sparkling, Viognier, Super Tuscan and Cabernet Sauvignon
· Gnocchi Bolognese with braised short rib – San Marzano Tomatoes, Pancetta, Burrata Dolce, Extra Virgin Olive Oil – BIN 40 Super Tuscan
· Southern Hot Chicken – Open-Face Buttermilk Biscuit, Creamy Bleu Cheese Slaw, House-brined Bread & Butter Pickles, Classic Mac and Cheese – BIN 75 Cooper’s Hawk White
· Pan Roasted Barramundi – Blistered Green Beans, Grape Tomatoes, Ginger Rice, Thai Lemongrass Sauce; a version of this dish also appears on the restaurant’s under-600-calorie Life Balance menu – BIN 70 Unoaked Chardonnay
· Shrimp & Scallop Risotto – Sweet Corn, Asparagus, Peas, Spinach, Parmesan, White Truffle Oil with Carnaroli Rice – BIN 30 Cooper’s Hawk Lux Sparkling
· Wild Mushroom-Crusted Chicken – Sweet Corn And Pea Risotto, Shiitake Mushroom, Spinach, Lemon Butter – BIN 74 Cooper’s Hawk Lux Chardonnay
Cooper’s Hawk Oak Park located at 950 Lake Street in the Vantage Apartments complex.
Hours of operation are:
Monday – Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.