City Tap, an American gastropub, will open in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood on May 22. The Chicago opening will mark City Tap's eighth location nationwide, joining City Tap restaurants in Boston, Washington D.C., Nashville, Atlanta, and Philadelphia, where City Tap was founded in 2010.
City Tap will serve a variety of styles from India pale to Berliner Weisse, fruited wheats to barrel-aged stouts amongst picks from local breweries like Goose Island Beer Company, Off Color Brewing, On Tour Brewing Company, Pipeworks Brewing Company, and many more. With 48 beers on tap, a curated selection of national and international offerings will also be poured, including rare and vintage finds.
"To properly represent the evolution of craft beer, we use our taps to show just how diverse craft beer can be, highlighting strong local brews, celebrating the success of long-standing regional partners, and enjoying centuries-old European traditions as well," says Andy Farrell, Brand Director at City Tap. "It's fun to see the story of craft unfold across a dynamic beer.”
City Tap's menu features a variety of regional pub selections. Leading the kitchen will be Executive Chef Kevin Smith, who is the former executive sous chef at Tao Chicago and former executive chef for Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse.
Chicago menu items include:
- Rabbit Sausage served with farro, spinach, cherries, gigante beans, and Bells Two Hearted mustard;
- whiskey smoked salmon and latkes served with dill yogurt, pickled onions, and chives;
- and the City Tap Torta, which is a pork shoulder sandwich with aioli, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, caramelized onion, and romaine lettuce.
City Tap signatures include:
- Ten Spice Wings with blue cheese and crisp vegetables;
- four mussel offerings;
- a wood-fired pizza program that features eight recipes;
- and a USDA Prime Tap Burger served on a brioche bun with American cheese, City Tap's special sauce, lettuce, red onion, and pickles.
"Chicago is a natural fit for us with a robust local beer scene that we look forward to supporting and serving," said Brian Harrington, Founder of City Tap. "We can't wait to open in Fulton Market, bring something new to the city, and welcome guests for good food and beer."
City Tap Chicago will feature a 56-seat dining room, a 20-seat bar with communal tables and an outdoor patio that seats 40. The restaurant will serve lunch, dinner, and brunch on weekends with a bottomless, $18 mimosa, beermosa or bloody mary option. City tap can also accommodate semi-private events for groups of all sizes.