Pennyville Station offers menu of seasonal New American fare in downtown Park Ridge. Executive Chef Jose Alvarez offers a variety of seafood dishes on his menu regularly during the Lent season. Some (but not all) of his seafood-focused dishes include:
- Ahi Tuna Sandwich ($17) – served with baby arugula, tartar sauce, and crispy onions.
- Cajun Shrimp Salad ($14) – with baby arugula, red onion, cucumber, cherry tomato, and a lemon vinaigrette.
- Cajun Shrimp Appetizer ($14) – Pan seared and served with housemade honey mustard and cocktail sauces
- Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna Appetizer ($15) – Pan seared and served over soy sauce, with wasabi and pickled ginger
- Lake Superior White Fish Entrée ($22) – Pan seared over sweet pea risotto and served with a lemony butter sauce.
At Osteria Trulli in Arlington Heights, Chef/Owner Giovanni DeNigris focuses on the coastal cuisine of his native Puglia, an oftentimes overlooked culinary region of Italy. His menu focuses heavily on seafood, and many of his dishes are served on both the lunch and dinner menus. Dishes offered during Lent run the gamut from roasted fish to pasta dishes brimming with seafood. Some dishes include:
- Vongole Gratinate (Baked Clams - $16) – Like many items on Giovanni’s menu, these are baked in his wood-fire oven - with a simple mixture of breadcrumb, parmesan, garlic, and parsley.
- Spaghetti Adriatico ($29)– Giovanni’s Pugliese Frutti di Mare pasta dish is brimming with fresh clams, shrimp, calamari, and mussels.
- Whole Roasted Branzino (Market Price)
- Grigliata ($28) – Grilled Octopus, Cuttlefish, Calamari, AND Prawns – Served with a spicy tomato sauce and lemon.