In the wake of temporary closures to help suppress the spread of COVID-19, Chicago restaurants are stepping up to offer delivery and curbside pick-up options for those who want a break from cooking at home. Plus, diners can support their favorite restaurant by purchasing merchandise online.
Additionally, when ordering delivery, the restaurant community encourages patrons to share their order on social media with the hashtag #TakeOutChicago. The objective of the campaign is to remind people of the diverse eating options while showing support and solidarity for the restaurant industry. Below are options for supporting Chicago’s restaurants and hotels.
Delivery, Curbside Pickup and Online Merchandise
161 N. Sangamon, Chicago, IL | (312) 243-4016
1566 N. Damen, Chicago, IL | (872) 829-3144
Bonci’s al taglio, Roman style pizza is available for curbside pick-up and delivery at both Wicker Park and West Loop locations. Guests can order pizza through Caviar, Doordash and Grubhub. The Bonci team even includes detailed instructions on heating up the pizza so it tastes like it came out of Bonci’s oven. To add to the meal, salads (Mixed Greens and Caprese), Dessert (Gelato, Assorted Cookies & Pastries) and drinks including bottled soft drinks and canned beer and wine are also available. The signature boxes include:
Signature Sampler - $10 per Box (4 Slices)
- Sausage & Mushroom
- Zucchini, Ricotta, Lemon, Black Pepper
Meat Sampler - $9 per box (3 Slices)
- Prosciutto Cotto
- Sausage Mushroom
Vegan Sampler - $7 per Box (3 Slices)
- Spicy Eggplant
- Mushroom Rosa
Veggie Sampler - $8 per Box (3 Slices)
- Fried Onion
- Zucchini, Ricotta, Lemon, Black Pepper
Online orders can be made via Grubhub, Caviar and Doordash and Curbside Pick-Up can be made by calling 312-243-4016.
George & Georgetti
9421 W. Higgins Road, Rosemont, IL
While the first location of this legendary steakhouse in Chicago’s downtown River North neighborhood nears its grand reopening after a kitchen fire last fall, Gene & Georgetti’s dining room and private event spaces remain open for business in Rosemont. However, recognizing the realities of growing concerns over COVID-19, the Durpetti family has worked to present new offerings to create both convenience and ease for its guests.
1. Increased doorstop delivery range. In partnership with delivery service DoorDash, Gene & Georgetti Rosemont has increased its delivery footprint from 7 to 12 miles. The restaurant will also be available via GrubHub soon.
2. Curbside pick-up. Orders of any sized placed by phone at (847) 653-3300 are available for curbside pickup. Since children are out of school, there are also boxed lunch options. Guests can pull up, present their order number and their items will arrive packaged and be loaded into their car with white glove service.
3. Family-style dinner package. Pasta, protein, salad, dessert – the staples of any Italian meal. As individuals may choose to limit their public exposure, Gene & Georgetti has rolled out a family-style dinner package. This package eliminates the extensive decision-making that often comes with a la carte family orders. Including a range of options that allow for continued variety. Prices start at $45 for dinner for 2 (The restaurant’s full a la carte menu also remains available for orders).
4. Incentive. For every $100 spent, guests will receive a $25 gift card to utilize at Gene & Georgetti for future delivery/curbside orders or dining in the restaurant. Guests can also purchase gift cards online beginning Monday, March 16. With no expiration date.
Italian Village Restaurants
71 W. Monroe, Chicago, IL
While the Italian Village Restaurants will temporarily close the dining rooms and bars at The Village, Vivere and La Cantina, the restaurants are still open to bring the spirit of the Italian Village Restaurants through delivery and pick-up. Guests can call the restaurant at 312 332-7005 or by ordering through Doordash, Caviar and Postmates.
57 E. Oak Street, Chicago, IL
(312) 255 – 0088
Le Colonial, is offering a special delivery and carryout menu.
Guests may order a selection of items by:
1) Ordering via phone at 312 255-0088, for pick-up or limited local delivery*
2) Ordering online via trycaviar.com or doordash.com, for pick-up or delivery
The special menu will be offered from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. daily
The Paramount Group
1750 W. Lake, Chicago, IL
Eden restaurant will temporarily close until March 30, but The Paramount Group (TPG) is a source when it comes to curbside pickup or delivery throughout Chicagoland. The TPG brands – Paramount Events, Truffleberry Market, Eden, and Paramount Fresh – are uniting during this time to offer a broad menu of options. Choose from family-style meals, kid-friendly snacks, freshly cut produce, pantry staples and more. Orders can be placed through paramountfresh.com.
Showroom Food Hall at Marriott Marquis
2121 S. Prairie, Chicago, IL
Guests can still order with delivery from Showroom Food Hall through this Friday, March 20. Diners can order from Winged Warrior Pizza, Argosy Soup and Sandwich Hot Licks Spuds and more when they order through Grubhub, Uber Eats or pick up to-go orders. To order, call (312) 824-0549.
1462 E. 53rd St, Chicago, IL
While the Hyde Park restaurant will temporarily close the bar and dining room at Virtue, Chef Erick Williams and his team are making meals available for pickup or curbside delivery. And in addition to Virtue’s full menu of Southern American specialties, diners can also complement their meal with a bottle of wine or beer by the bottle or can as well. The full menu can be seen here and to order, call the restaurant at (773) 947-8831.