Burrito Beach has opened its seventh location in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood near the intersection of North Avenue and Sheffield.
Established in Chicago in 1995, Burrito Beach has been serving up its style of toasted burrito, taco, nacho, quesadilla, and bowl creations for 26 years. With existing outposts located in the loop, Streeterville, several of Chicago’s landmark transportation hubs and Northwestern Hospital, the group makes a move post-pandemic with the expansion to its very first neighborhood location outside of downtown.
“Our arrival to the Lincoln Park neighborhood is a really exciting moment for our team,” says Burrito Beach founder and CEO Greg Schulson. “We have always been committed to the idea that involvement in our community is just as important as serving our customers a downright delicious meal, so the chance to plant roots in such a special neighborhood means a lot. We look forward to getting to know area businesses and organizations, and all those who call the area home.”
The 60-seat, 3,100 square-foot restaurant quietly opened its doors on November 3rd.
“We’re excited to introduce residents to what we do and feel confident that we’ll quickly become a go-to spot for everyone from students and people working in the area to families. Exceptional food and a fun environment are things that bring everyone in the community together.”
Signature Burrito Beach preparations feature ingredients like Baja Chicken, Cabo Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Black Beans, hand-trimmed Carne Asada, and hand-crafted Guacamole, all created daily following Burrito Beach’s proprietary recipes. While breakfast hours are not currently available at this location, the Miguel’s Breakfast Burrito, made with eggs, bacon, cheddar, and a newly added twist of crispy tater tots dressed with the brand’s very own “Ketchipotle” sauce, will be on the menu all day. Exclusive to the Lincoln Park location will be several brand-new menu items including:
- Burrito Magnífico – A blend of char-grilled chicken, crispy tater tots, Magnífica Salsa Crema, onions, cilantro, and corn salsa.
- Rosarito Beach Tacos – Fish Tacos created in the Baja California style with crispy Modelo beer-battered Atlantic cod, fresh pico de gallo, cabbage slaw, and Magnífica Salsa Crema.
- Crispy Chicken Tacos – Topped with all the Rosarito Beach fixings, the base of these tacos is crispy, golden-fried chicken tenders.
- Kid’s Menu – All items served with chips and a drink, the menu provides kiddo-sized options including Cheese Quesadillas, Burritos (grilled chicken or veggie), and Tacos (grilled or fried chicken, or veggie).
Coming soon to the location will be and a variety of cocktails including:
- Miguel’s Margarita – Casamigos Silver tequila mixed with Burrito Beach’s classic housemade mix.
- The Walking Paloma – Jarritos Grapefruit soda bottle spiked with Casamigos Silver tequila, garnished with lime and a zesty Tajin sprinkle
- Michelada – Refreshing blend of Modelo beer, lime, and Burrito Beach’s proprietary “Michelada Love” tomato mix.
- Bloody Maria – Casamigos Silver tequila mixed in proportion with a “Michelada Love” base.
As this new outpost has opened just ahead of the holiday season, the Burrito Beach team has also announced that it will take this opportunity to start giving back to the local community. Beginning the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 26, holiday shoppers and locals alike can take part in this effort. Through the end of the year on Friday, December 31st, $1 from every Burrito Magnífico sold at the Lincoln Park Burrito Beach location will go to benefit Lincoln Park Community Services, a local organization that brings communities together to empower individuals facing homelessness and poverty to secure stable housing and make sustainable life changes.
Burrito Beach’s new Lincoln Park outpost is located at 1000 W North Ave (D-102) near the intersection of North Avenue and Sheffield. The location operates daily from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.