The newly-opened Cobblestone Restaurant has launched a weekend brunch at the restaurant and cider bar located in Chicago’s North Center neighborhood. The weekend brunch will be served from 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays beginning August 14.
Menu highlights include:
- SWEET - Pecan Pie French Toast with Salted Pecan Caramel Glaze
- SAVORY - Schnitzel & Waffles, an inventive twist on the traditional schnitzel with Chicken-Fried Pork Loin, Lemon Poppyseed Waffle, Citrus Ricotta and Maple Molasses
- FLAVORS IN BETWEEN - Farro Arugula Salad with blistered Cherry Tomatoes, Farro Crunch, Fig Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Croutons
While cider is a mainstay at the European bistro, it is now an ingredient in specialty cocktails such as:
- Papa’s Brew - bourbon, maple syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice; topped with seasonal cider
- Cider Boy - bourbon, cider, fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, egg whites
“Our guests should expect to be energized and ready to enjoy the rest of their weekend after they’ve enjoyed a weekend brunch with us, and we’re excited to offer these lower-ABV cider cocktails to complement their meal,” says Andy Knuth, general manager and beverage director.
Other beverages include a nod to the owner’s Czech heritage with the Czechgria (white wine, Pierre Ferrand dry curacao, mixed berries, lemon bitters) while those who cannot decide can choose the Mimosa Flights featuring four three-ounce pours of four styles including: the Classic (prosecco, fresh squeezed orange juice), Caleb’s (rosé, cranberry juice), Markus’ (rosé, lemon juice), and the Passion Project (Prosecco, passion fruit juice).
“We like to have fun in our restaurant so at the end of a long week, gather your friends and family for brunch and relax on our magnificent outdoor patios or cozied up inside over some great food and drinks,” says owner Dr. Markus Chwajol.
Cobblestone Chicago now serves weekend brunch Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., dinner is served Wednesday to Friday 5 p.m. – Midnight and Saturday and Sunday 3 p.m. – Midnight. Located at 4337 N. Lincoln Ave.,