On the hunt for a Wicker Park spot with lunch options for both you and the little ones? To celebrate the debut of an all-new menu of light and rustic offerings Anker, One Off Hospitality's Midwestern-style eatery, is announcing a Super Secret Menu of eats FREE to kids 10 and under throughout the entire month of October!
Available from 11:30am—2:00pm, Monday through Friday alongside a new menu of midday fare for grownups, the Super Secret Menu is comprised of kid-friendly favorites such as Grilled Cheese and Hamburger, sides like Veggies with Ranch and sweets including the Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Blondie. For adults seeking an alternative to the typical midday meal, Chef de Cuisine AJ Walker's (The Publican, Publican Quality Meats) new lunchtime menu features an array of raw and grilled East Coast oysters, savory Broiled White Fish with broccolini, a vegetarian-friendly Falafel Burger and more.
- KID-APPROVED CLASSICS: During the month of October, Anker will offer a new, FREE Super Secret Menu for diners ages 10 and under! Kids can select from entrees including a Grilled Cheese, beef burger with or without cheese or a Falafel Burger along with the choice of one side such as a Seasonal Fruit Cup, Frites or half avocado. Kiddos with a sweet tooth can indulge in desserts including the Ice Cream Flavor of the Day or the Salted Carmel Chocolate Chip Blondie then wash it all down with tiny beverages like Orange Juice, Grapefruit Juice or Milk .
- OYSTERS ON THE HALF SHELL: Diners can choose from a selection of fresh East Coast oyster varieties including Village Bay, Blish Point, Pemaquid and East Beach served on the half shell with lemon or opt for grilled oysters prepared with zesty yuzu koshu butter.
- CLEAN AND FRESH FARE: For those seeking a lighter lunch, Anker’s salads, vegetables and soups showcase seasonal produce combined with toppings and include options like the Green Salad, a bed of baby lettuce topped with sweet dates, tangy blue cheese crumbles and pecans or the Honeycrisp Apples dressed with an apple cider vinaigrette tossed with walnuts, farro and watercress with creamy burrata served on the side.
- PROTEIN PACKED PORTIONS: Chef Walker presents a number of hearty lunch entrees including the Bavette Steak Panzanella, a thin cut of prime beef accompanied by flavorful escarole, celery root, mushrooms and sourdough croutons and Broiled Whitefish with roasted broccolini, truffle aioli and a side of crispy hash browns.
- BETWEEN THE BUNS: Carnivores and vegetarians alike will delight in Anker’s new burger options which include traditional beef or turkey patties along with the meat-free Falafel Burger dressed with slaw made from shredded Brussel sprouts, radish, sport peppers, onion, cucumber and Tahini yogurt sauce.
- SNACKS TO SHARE: Perfect for a quick bite or sampling among a group, shareable small plates such as thinly shaved Prosciutto served alongside pimento cheese, pickles and sourdough toast or Pickles with butter and saltine crackers provide an ideal portion for snacking.