On Wednesday, May 11, The Boarding House’s all-female team gets bigger for a one-night-only collaborative dinner featuring the culinary talents of Zoë Schor (of the soon-to-be Split-Rail) and Diana Davila (most recently of Cantina 1910 and in the process of opening her own restaurant). Together with The Boarding House’s James Beard-nominated Chef Tanya Baker and Pastry Chef Julia Fitting, each chef creates a signature course inspired by a female figure in their lives, complemented by wine pairings by owner and proprietor Alpana Singh. The dinner begins at 6:30 p.m., and tickets to the exclusive event are $145 and can be purchased here. For every ticket purchased, $25 goes directly to Deborah’s Place, a non-profit that provides supportive housing for single women experiencing homelessness.
The menu for the evening includes:
- House-made Veggie Dumpling with Tamari Aioli and Chili Flake
- Cold Smoked Chile Relleno
- Seabass Tartare, Asparagus, Ramps, Rhubarb Aioli, and Crispy Chicken Skin
- Shrimp in Adobo, Nixtamal Corn, Sugar Snaps, and Radish
- Bread, Ham & Cheese Broth, 64 degree egg, Crispy Jambon de Bayonne, English Peas, and Pea Shoots
- Korean Spiced Lamb Loin, Lamb Shank, Spring Onion, Oyster Mushrooms, and Braised Fingerlings
- Cherry Pit Crepe Cake and Goat Cheese Cashew Caramel Gelato
Taking place in The Boarding House’s Cellar, guests experience an intimate and collaborative culinary evening by some of the nation’s leading female chefs.