The Press Room and their Executive Chef Jeff Williams is teaming up with Steve Smith, owner of Smith Devereux Wines, and The Publishing House bed and breakfast, for a wine dinner.
On Thursday, March 21 from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. at The Publishing House Bed and Breakfast (108 N. May Street), enjoy an evening of wines paired with cuisine, then retire upstairs for a stay in the boutique bed-and-breakfast. Bubbles and bites will be served at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m.
Guests will taste Smith Devereux’s portfolio, including limited-production wine club-exclusive labels and their Napa Cabernet Sauvignon.
The menu from Chef Jeff Williams includes:
- Fish Skin with dill emulsion, seaweed powder
- Deviled quail egg
- Herb Toast
- New potatoes with parmesan emulsion, creme fraiche, smoked trout roe, dill
- Parsnip with parsnip puree, sea urchin, ham and hazelnut crumble
- Creamed Mushrooms with duck tongues and ramp powder
- Short Rib with currants, citrus lace, onion caramel and beef jus
- Paw Paw Ice Cream with pine nut granola and miso caramel sauce
Book your tickets on Eventbrite here ($100 for dinner and wine pairings, please call Publishing House at 312-554-5857 to book your stay).