NaKorn Urban Thai restaurant in Evanston is celebrating its one-year anniversary with a week-long celebration, September 24-30###sup/sup###, and the debut of new seasonal menu items.The new menu items are geared towards fall and winter flavors, such as the Thai Spicy-Sweet
Tamarind Glazed Rack of Lamb; a traditional harvest dish including autumn squash, carrots and cauliflower puree.
Additional new fall and winter menu items are:
• Meatballs of Chicken with sawtooth cilantro, lime juice, toasted rice powder,
fried and served with butterhead lettuce and red radish.
• Crispy Skin Wild Atlantic Salmon atop zucchini noodles, with shaved carrots,
shallots, cilantro, shallot chips with a sauce of coconut cream, lime juice and our
house made, roasted-chili jam
Returning items from last year’s fall and winter menu are:
• Roasted Duck Breast slow-cooked in clear broth, with shitake mushrooms,
young coconut, confit-daikon and cilantro tips
• Charred Eggplant and Tomato with raw radish, fried shallot and spicy tamarind
• Braised Duck Breast with egg noodles, shitake mushrooms, bok choy, sprouts