Fun for all ages, Corks & Crayons is Purple Asparagus’ annual signature event. This event will benefit Chicago food education for kids and will feature eats and drinks by the local and sustainably sourced restaurant, Uncommon Ground!
The event will feature fun activities to keep the entire family entertained, including:
- Junior Chef Battle at 5 p.m. sponsored by the Kids’ Table (free to enroll on a first come, first serve basis)
- Purple Asparagus Pop-Up stations featuring cooking and recipe demonstrations (highlighting the Fresh Herb Class and Seasonal Berry Class)
- Goodie bags for all guests featuring recipe cards and ingredients to make Carrot Tacos and a gift from Mighty Vine Tomatoes
- Singing and dancing with Miss Jamie
- Balloon twisters
- Arts and crafts from Unicoi Art Studio
- Rooftop urban farm tours
- Recipe demonstrations from Johanna Cook of Momma Cuisine
- Honey tastings with The West Side Bee Boyz
This community-building event is dedicated to creating awareness of Purple Asparagus’ mission of real food education and bringing people together for a fun, family-friendly, food-focused event.
Purple Asparagus is dedicated to sustainability, which means the annual gala is waste-free! Guests can enjoy an afternoon for the whole family while savoring sustainable offerings from Uncommon Ground—all to benefit Purple Asparagus’ nutrition education programming!
Sunday, June 12, 2016
3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.ADMISSION:
$65 for adults in advance, $75 at the door. $15 for ages 5-18, kids under 5 are free
Tickets can be purchased here.