Valentine's day is a special holiday everywhere, but it is particularly near and dear to the hearts of Sarah Stegner, George Bumbaris and Rohit Numbiar, owners of Prairie Grass Cafe. "This will be our 15th Valentine's Day celebration," said Stegner. "Our business is a family affair. So many of our customers are regulars that they are like family to us, too. We wanted to do something extra special."
Guests celebrating Valentine’s Day at Prairie Grass (601 Skokie Blvd.; Northbrook, IL) may enjoy specials along with their regular menu. Customers also will have the opportunity to win one of several prizes.
"We've created a promotion that will treat lucky winners to some of our favorite things, like our:
- Delicious chocolate cake (our assistant manager Faith's favorite)
- 4 all-natural steaks from L & L Packing to prepare at home (George's favorite steaks)
- A fantastic bottle of Patrick Bottex Bugey Cerdon Sparkling Rosé (Sarah, Helga (host), Christina (manager), and Cindy's(PR) favorite toast)
- Brunch at Prairie Grass Cafe valued at up to $50 (Francisco, manager that works brunch every weekend)
- A bud vase made by their former manager and friend Dan Sviland, owner and artist of the Hot Shop Glass in Racine (Rohit always supports Dan and while he isn't still at Prairie Grass, he's a vital part of their family and a friend)
Beginning February 1 through the 14th, dine-in guests will be able to enter to win giveaways. The winners of the giveaway will be drawn at the end of the night on the 14th. Five different winners will be chosen at random and contacted via email.