Let's recap another hungry season in Chicago with these mouthwatering pics on Instagram. Want to catch the feed in real time? Follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag your food pics #ChicagoFoodMag. Here's what we're seeing:
10) There are no shortage of donuts (or doughnuts) in Chicago and Firecakes Donuts is doing right! This blueberry donut had Chicagoans in an uproar and it's easy to see why.
9) Nando Milano, in Wicker Park, has a dandy street-side patio - did you catch our feature story this July? And the Caprese Alla Nando is the burrata you need; topped with radish, arugula, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic. #ohyeah
8) Saved By the Max is the summer pop-up everyone was talking about. Fortunately for Saved By The Bell geeks, the pop-up is now scheduled through December. Every item on the menu is themed and the Kelly Kawpowski sandwich is no exception. This Monte Cristo is packed with cheese, mayo and mustard and topped with a spiced maple syrup. Detention never tasted so good.
7) Did somebody say cupcake? No, we must be hearing things. This summer proved Molly's Cupcakes still has what it takes to keep Chicago's sweet tooth satisfied.
6) Another Wicker Park list crasher! En Hakkore 2.0 opened recently and their kimchi fries have built quite a following. Pure summer time gluttony.
We're halfway home on the 10 Most Popular Eats This Summer. Sorry if we've made you hungry, it's kind of our jobs!
5) Nando Milano strikes again (*hidden gem alert)! The Polenta Ghiotta is a decadent Italian delight - crispy polenta topped with all sorts of goodness.
4) The Windy City Smokeout is one of the biggest BBQ festivals around and brings in top-notch BBQ talent from all over the country. The local guys are no slouches though with Lillie's Q, Smoque and others going toe-to-toe with anyone. Hungry Chicagoans seem to vote with their fingers, look at all those likes!
3) Nothing gets a Chicagoan's fingers flying like a gluttonous picture of pasta. The top 3 all have two things in common: noodles & cheese. Smack Shack Chicago, in the West Loop, opened its doors this year and dropped Lobster Mac and Cheese all over the city. No one seemed to mind though, in fact, Chicago liked it - a lot.
2) Sorry, we have a slight case of deja vu... wait, it's actually true! No recount necessary Chicago. Smack Shack Chicago's Lobster Mac also take the #2 spot in our summer list. Seems like they must be onto something in the West Loop...
1) We've reached the top of the list! The most popular eat of the summer comes to you from The Dawson. Their Mac & Cheese had our Instagram feed on fire. And we can see why - smoked pork shoulder, bacon and 3 year aged cheddar. Magic in a bowl.